X

Klamath Falls, OR group ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klamath Falls, OR group ride

Had a nice group ride today with the guys from the local riders forum. 19 riders made it for todays ride, had 1 person on a Meanstreak go down in a corner (rider was scraped up a bit and may have a broken rib or two, but refused an ambulance), and one rider got an award courtesy of a county Sherrif deputy that blocked the road with his truck and boat that was behind it on a trailer, but all in all it was a good day. Total mileage for the day (for me at least) was right around 380 miles.

Waiting for everyone to arrive at the meeting point

lunch stop

Got to test ride this bike finally, and seriously think this WILL be added to the stable this summer.

more pics here http://pnwriders.com/klamath-falls/1...ml#post1715252
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Hope that deputy didn't create a hazard by blocking the road in that manner. Sounded kind of dangerious. Hope your friend heals quickly. Nice pics sounded like a nice ride.
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

He did it in the middle of a semi long straight, so there was plenty of time to slow down or stop. He left about 4' between his front bumper and the gravel shoulder. Found out when the one rider he pulled over tried to stop on the gravel, he dropped the bike nearly upside down in the ditch, then had to right it himself, since the cop wouldn't let anyone else stop to help him. I guess the ticket was for something like 87mph in a 55 zone, supposedly on radar. What's funny is 2 of the guys in the group had radar detectors going which never went off, and nobody saw a handheld radar gun like most of the truck driving deputies have to use since their trucks are rarely equipped with factory installed radar units like the cruisers have.
      John,
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like bogus hick town cop crap to me.....
        If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Wow... K-Falls. That's where I was born, and went to school. Didn't realize that bikers actually gathered there. Maybe someday I'll ride back there and join you guys on a ride.

Always wanted to ride a bike out past Keno, past the 'cliff' we jumped off of into the river (can't remember the name at the moment...) and hit the mountain to Eugene.

Glad you guys had a relatively good ride.
          92 Katana 600
          ------
          GO BLUE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91talon View Post
            Wow... K-Falls. That's where I was born, and went to school. Didn't realize that bikers actually gathered there. Maybe someday I'll ride back there and join you guys on a ride.

Always wanted to ride a bike out past Keno, past the 'cliff' we jumped off of into the river (can't remember the name at the moment...) and hit the mountain to Eugene.

Glad you guys had a relatively good ride.
            That cliff's at Topsy camp ground lol. Yeah we ride 66 from KEno to Ashland, then come back over Dead Indian to Clover Creek and back into Keno usually at least once a month. It's a nice loop. Better ride is 66 to Ashland, then drop down I5 to the highway that follows the Klamath River out to Happy Camp, then head northwest to Obrien, and back through Jacksonville to Medford, 140 up to Dead Indian, then down Clover Creek. That ride takes all day by the time you add in rest/gas stops, lunch etc, and covers around 360 miles if you start from Klamath Falls. One ride I want to take someday is up through Crater Lake NP and down through Elk Creek, ending up in Canyonville. That road's intense in a fullsize pickup, with lots of 10-15mph signed corners.
            John,
            sigpic

Comment

John, I totally miss that thread, looks like a good turn out. You KF riders sure get a big group together all the time. You going to do the Crater Lake run?

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                That cliff's at Topsy camp ground lol. Yeah we ride 66 from KEno to Ashland, then come back over Dead Indian to Clover Creek and back into Keno usually at least once a month. It's a nice loop. Better ride is 66 to Ashland, then drop down I5 to the highway that follows the Klamath River out to Happy Camp, then head northwest to Obrien, and back through Jacksonville to Medford, 140 up to Dead Indian, then down Clover Creek. That ride takes all day by the time you add in rest/gas stops, lunch etc, and covers around 360 miles if you start from Klamath Falls. One ride I want to take someday is up through Crater Lake NP and down through Elk Creek, ending up in Canyonville. That road's intense in a fullsize pickup, with lots of 10-15mph signed corners.
                Topsy! I knew it was something simple.

Yeah, the drive to Happy Camp is pretty awesome. I have a few friends that live there. I remember my mom talking about how Dead Indian was being redone. I remember when you didn't take that road unless there were no other options. LOL.

I did that Crater Lake ride once in my aunt's Vette. That was intense. I can only imagine how fun it would be on a bike.
                92 Katana 600
                ------
                GO BLUE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mayday View Post
                  John, I totally miss that thread, looks like a good turn out. You KF riders sure get a big group together all the time. You going to do the Crater Lake run?
                  If I'm not out fighting a fire I would like to do the ride to Crater Lake, but if I remember right, that rides going to be on the 4th of July weekend, which I'm usually never home for lol.
                  John,
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X