X

Around Lake Michigan...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around Lake Michigan...

Hey Everbody! I'm preparing for a trip around Lake Michigan and I just don't know if my body can take it. I need some touring advice about taking long trips. Honestly, I suffer from exhaustion after riding for more than 2 hours on the Katana and I don't rightly know why. My good friend seems to have better luck with his newer Kat. Could it be some problem with the alignment or the tires or something? I feel vibration running up the handlebars, but it seems to be coming from the engine and not the tires.

What advice can you guys give me, if any, to avoid this type of problem? I'd also be interested in some mods or equipment to mount on the Katana to help me carry my stuff.

Drink powerade, and water, it fights fatigue. Mechnically i can't give you any advice, but I've spent some long times on my bike and think powerade + water and semi-empty stomach is ideal.

Comment

maybe some ibuprofen during each gas stop just to take the edge off the stiff muscles
      Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
      Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Can you recomend any gear that I should need. It'd be a five day trip... Or longer.

I already have full leathers, jacket with a good removable liner, gloves etc.
        Last edited by vbrines; 05-20-2009, 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ear plugs that are comfortable. block out all the noise from the wind and stops your ears from ringing. I always liked having one of those Camelpaks that are a backpack with a water bladder and a hose to your mouth, really handy to have when riding, running, biking ect.
          1999 Katana 750

Comment

tour

id also like to know what kat you have...600 or 750? the pre 600 you has a lower top triple than the 750, which seams to be much the same height as the post89. i happen to have a spare pre750.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Working...
            X