X

Finally decked out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally decked out!

Well after scrounging the internet for deals and ordering luggage at the yammy dealer (great service) I have finally got the Kat and myself all decked out for touring! I have dreamed for many years of being able to be all coordinated with my bike and now it is finally true. I purchased the leathers, boots, gloves and a different helmet - used, worn like 3 times for a screaming deal - I raped the poor guy.

I also picked up a set of Oxford luggage. I bought the magnetic tank bag, tail bag and panniers. I think the fit and finish of these products are good and I think the quality is definitely high - I am very happy with them. I take the tank bag everywhere without the safety strap and take into the stores with the carry handle. I put my 2 phones (home and work) wallet and other crap in there and at $180CDN (retail) I won't leave it on the bike - it will go missing!

Also I found a huge comfort advantage with the leathers. I started with some textile A*'s gear and it was ok, but this set of leathers I find way more comfy to ride in. I also feel a ton safer.

Nice man, I'm really diggin the leathers
    Let's go riding!

Comment

Congrats, looking good.
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Like the blacked out helmet look
        "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." - Bill Cosby

ProGrip||Scorpion

Comment

Originally posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
          Like the blacked out helmet look
          Speaking of which, I will never ride without a tinted visor again! I bought that last week too. Actually I started riding this year with earplugs and a tinted visor and I find I have way less fatigue when riding and can comfortably go farther. It's also nice to be able to hear things other than ringing after I get off the bike.

Comment

Just make sure you have a clear shield stuffed somewhere in the luggage if there's any chance you can get caught out on the road after the sun goes down. I just use a clear shield with sunglasses underneath during the day.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

Cool look man. The blacked out helmet looks intimidating. You can really have some fun with people at stop lights by just looking over and staring without saying anything. I'm also diggin the boots. What brand are they? What's up with the full gear and no gloves??
              We don't stop riding because we grow old, We grow old when we stop riding!

Comment

Originally posted by Dankid View Post
                The blacked out helmet looks intimidating. You can really have some fun with people at stop lights by just looking over and staring without saying anything.

Haha, might have to try this with the girls in the convertibles...

Comment

and maybe some day your wife will let you take it of the center stand and do some riding :P

nice set up now go get it dirty
                  voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
                  82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
                  83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

Originally posted by dragoncutlery View Post
                    and maybe some day your wife will let you take it of the center stand and do some riding :P
                    Ohhh man. That was a low blow.
                    We don't stop riding because we grow old, We grow old when we stop riding!

Comment

looks good bro!!! I have the same helmet, need some earplugs as well.
                      Godspeed
                      CSBA #1167
                      Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

you look like a ninja! love it!
                        1999 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Dankid View Post
                          Cool look man. The blacked out helmet looks intimidating. You can really have some fun with people at stop lights by just looking over and staring without saying anything. I'm also diggin the boots. What brand are they? What's up with the full gear and no gloves??
                          Here's the boots, I don't know what model # or anything but they are comfy and have a handy vent in the side. Picked them up used with the suit, I think they retail for about $300-$350CDN.

Stupid cell phone camera buttons were too small to keep the gloves on!
                          I was home alone so I had to use self timer

Comment

Looks good .
                            sigpic

RIP CP
                            50th Anniv R6
                            95 Katana 600
                            http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Nice setup. I'm a big fan of a tinted visor, too. Have you worn the boots for any long rides? How'd they do?
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X