Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS

I want a GPS to use on the bike but don't want to spend over about $200-$250. I know that will limit me to a non-motorcycle GPS but I am fine with that. I want something that I can use in the car as well. If it rains while I am out riding I can always carry a plastic baggie to put it in. I would like something that has a MP3 player and a line out so I can plug headphones into it to listen to music and still hear directions. Something with a largish screen so I can see it well. Any suggestions?

JHILDE
    Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

my easy answer is get a smart phone with GPS...

Comment

I have a iPhone but I want a regular GPS unit as well.
      Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

i'd just go to a best buy or something and play with em.....if it's touch screen take your gloves and make sure you can push all the buttons and stuff...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Check out Garmin.com. I have a nuvi 200w but its pretty basic. I like it though.
          Godspeed
          CSBA #1167
          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

fair enough...
            Newegg has a number of options that would fit your budget...
            Last edited by plupien79; 05-06-2009, 10:23 AM. Reason: I made and oopsie

Comment

I have a nuvi350. paid $250 for it a yr ago. I use the windshield set up from my car and stick it right on the tachometer. Vibration was no problem.
              I plan on hooking up a power outlet to my tankbag (still waiting for it), so that i can use the GPS for extended rides.

Comment

I use a MIO m'self and do the same thing on my speedo. Being I can get my speeds from the GPS itself. Its very useful for riding in unknown territory having the the road plotted out in front of you as you ride.
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

if possible try to stick to the bigger named ones, ie garmin. I have had a few family members by cheapo no names, and they've had nothing but problems !!
                  Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                  Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Watch the screen size, and the contrast ratio.

You don't want to buy something that you won't actually be able to see without stopping
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Hey J,

If you buy a Garmin C330 (link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218010612658), then I will send you the RAM handlebar mount (http://products.ram-mount.com/rammou...00F+Katana&g=1) for it for free.

I used a C330 on my Kat very successfully. The screen size is pretty good, it reads well in bright sunlight, and if somebody horks it, it is cheap to replace.

On the Kat:

Send me a PM, bro.

- YKK
                      Last edited by yellow_kitty_kat; 05-07-2009, 05:41 PM.
                      Originally posted by Nero
                      "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                      SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

You can't beat that deal James, even if it is refurbished !! Nice YKK
                        Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                        Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL View Post
                          You can't beat that deal James, even if it is refurbished !! Nice YKK
                          Looking out for my peeps, that's all.

Although it does kinda pi$$ me off that I bought my C330 for like $250, and now they are going for $85.

Stupid inexorable march of progress and technology...
                          Last edited by yellow_kitty_kat; 05-07-2009, 06:12 PM.
                          Originally posted by Nero
                          "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                          SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

I use the garmin Quest, Its waterproof and samll enough to use on a motorcycle .Bought mine refurbished from Amazon .com for $72. I really like the unit.
                            Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

I just got a Garmin Etrex legend for $100.00 & the Garmin handlebar mount. Put it on last night - good simple unit, & most importantly (to me) it's small & indiscrete. I find those big color screens to be too distracting.
                              The mounting bracket just barely squeezed between the brake master cylinder & handlebar riser.
                              Does what I need it to do. I'm still a fan of good ol' paper map & compass.

Comment

Working...
                              X