Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just got the garmin nuvi 200 about a month ago at walmart for 110 i think new and the suction cup that it comes with sticks right to the gas tank on my gs500f great took it on a nice 200 mile ride and never had any problems with it moving at all and was very easy to see the screen. it also have the voice directions that is a nice thing too cant really hear when they say but you can hear it make noise so you know to look down and see where its telling you to go.

Comment

Looking for a good deal on one too, Helps to know where you are, or what the hells around you, for them rides in uncertain areas. Have a tom tom for the car, but didnt know if a MC GPS would be best route.
      SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
      Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

I have a Tom Tom 310 and have used it for 2 yrs on bike, bought a mount from RAM mounts I will get a picture later.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Ive got a Tom Tom and its great. They have free map updates online. With the garmin they recommend buying new maps every year at 80 bucks a pop. Free with tom tom. Alot of times you can get them online through wal-mart for 99 bucks with free shipping to the store. I am getting a second one for my wifes car.

Dannyj
          1999 Katana 750 K&N filter, Yoshi slip-on, 2nd LED strobe brake light, white LED driving lights mounted on the front reflector bracket, amber LED strobes for PGR missions and funerals, American and PGR Flag mount. Because its the right thing to do!

Comment

I have the Nuvi 350 by Garmin w/ the RAM handle bar mount, works great. I hooked up a cigarette adapter under the seat. Works great. You can find one in Walmart for about $230 and on ebady for about $200.
            [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

any thoughts on how to mount a gps to my 97 katanna ?

Comment

Originally posted by brian1780 View Post
                any thoughts on how to mount a gps to my 97 katanna ?
                Buy a handlebar mount. they also have universal mounts.
                Bling....

Comment

I mounted mine under my wind screen with a home made bracket.
                  Attached Files
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

After just reading about TomTom updating maps for free, I thought that's great, I'll get one of theirs. So then I go their site and find out that it's now $39 for a years worth of updates (once a quarter) or $79 for one map, crap...
                    Oh well, I was looking at their Rider model, still looks pretty good. But like the Garmin motorcycle specific model it's kinda expensive compared to their auto models, but it comes with a bluetooth headset and a Ram mounting kit. Choices, choices...Hmmmm....
                    Tony..
                    1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

personally, I'm looking at downloading a turn by turn directions app, Yahoo maps works good in the car, but turn by turn is touch based. ATT has the turn by turn downloadable but you gotta add the $10/month once you d/l it. There's a couple of turn by turn nav apps out there, between $30 and $100, and there's always mapquest's app (pay to d/l and subscription fee, WTH?)

most of them seem to have voice activated/guided directions as well, that with a bluetooth helmet, got it all setup and don't have to buy more hardware

Comment

Get an android phone, google maps has full navigation for android phones with explicit turn by turn directions. Your maps will always be updated, realtime traffic will be added and the voice directions are so good that you don't need to look at the display. I was looking to upgrade my gps, now I just use my android (google) phone.

Comment

zumo 550 vs zumo 660 still thinking on which one I should buy.

Comment

Zumo 550. I've not read good things about the new unit.
                            -Steve

sigpic
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                            X