X

Which Nelson Rigg tank bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Nelson Rigg tank bag?

I'm looking for a small tank bag that does not hide the Kat's instruments cluster.
    I've settled on a Nelson Rigg but I am hesitating between these two models:

Classic CL-300: http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Spor.../CL300-Big.htm
    Classic black look, can contain 8.11 liters, sure it won't get in the way. Could it be too small?

Or

Silver Streak SSC-100: http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Spor...SSC110-Big.htm
    Nice black and silver look, can contain 11.50 liters, hope it's not too tall.
    Could be more practical.

There's only a 10$ difference on New Enough so price is not a factor.

What's your opinion/preference?

The SSC-100 was nice when I had it on my 84 Honda Sabre, the magnetic holders covered up some tank blemishes nicely! To be honest, the one thing I used on it the most was the shoulder strap, very handy.

Great bag, good quality for the price too! I would recommend the SSC-100!

Comment

I would go with the icon urban...just from personal experience. Doesnt block cluster, and allows over 1 days worth of clothes, extra pair of shoes and a clear top window zipper for directions!

Comment

Out of those two I've got the CL-300. I also have a couple other Nelson Rigg bags. Either one, you can't go wrong, Neslon Rigg make an awesome product !!!
        Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
        Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I have the 10 liter Cortech and it doesn't block sight to my dash on a 06 600 kat. I use this more then my tail bag. I really like the clear map pocket on the top as my Blackberry fits very well in it when I'm using the built in GPS.

Motorcycle touring means a lot of things these days and Tourmaster motorcycle gear handles it all. From adventure touring to cross-country riding or just commuting on your bike, Tourmaster has you covered.

(link just for picture, I bought it for a lot less at the dealership)

Comment

Out of those 2 bags, I would probably go with the larger 110 bag. 6" tall shouldn't block the panel enough to worry about, and it looks like you could fit a bit more in it if you decided you needed to on a longer ride. Might be able to fit a sweatshirt or something in it along with some soda or water bottles, where the other bag wouldn't have enough room. I have a bag that's similar size to the 300 you posted, and it works fine for a short day ride with one person, but when the wife goes with me I always need more room, or she gets stuck wearing a backpack. I just picked up this a few weeks ago, http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/cata...-p-145_31.html it definetly blocks the guages it both bags are on, but I have the option of using just one bag at a time zipped to the magnetic base. The smaller top bag is just about perfect for most rides, but when I get ready to go away for weekend or longer rides, the extra room will be nice.
            Last edited by Psycho1; 04-13-2009, 10:43 PM.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

Neither will block your view of the gauges. I'd go for more space, personally. Check out the JR Manta XL. I went that direction, even though I have Nelson Rigg SSC tail and saddlebags. Cheaper and there's lots of room.
              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I use a little cortech bag dont have a pic handy its very nice and holds a lot plus doesnt block any of the instruments

Comment

Working...
                X