X

Camel Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camel Back

finnally taking a longer trip i am used to, about a 8 hour ride. I have been threw the stickys and was wondering how easy it it to ride with a camel back with in the helmet.

I live about 80 miles of highway away from my parents, when I ride back to visit I have my camelbak on. I just flip my visor down onto the nozzle to hold it where I can get to it.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah , it's not that hard to get the hose into your mouth .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I had one on my trip down to the gap a couple years ago. works great. I didn't have the backpack to hold it, just the bladder. I stuffed it down my back and ran the hose up under my chinbar. The added bonus is that when empty, i inflated it, and had adjustable lower back suppport. Sounds nuts, but it actually worked and was VERY comfortable

Comment

I used one this summer going through Arizona and Nevada in July. It sure helped in 121 degree heat, plus since it was so hot I could basically get water in my mouth and spit it back out in my helmet to help cool myself off. Sounds gross but it evaporated quickly and helped.

2002 Katana 600
          1999 Ford F150

Comment

Originally posted by Brian_M View Post
            I could basically get water in my mouth and spit it back out in my helmet to help cool myself off
            Normally you have to pay extra for that kind of thing
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Camel backs work really well on a motorcycle and if you put the tube around your mouth right its not hard at all. When doing PT in the mornings when I was in the Army we used to wear them on runs during the summer and spring at Ft. Campbell. WHen I would ride home (Ky-IL) I used to wear one and would put it through one of the rings where it wouldn't interfere and I would be able to stick it up in my helmet and then just leave in the ring to hang some. Caring for them is easy if you just used water but if you use something else clean it out immediately.

Comment

I'm yet to take a trip with it on. I had my 8-hour trip to Atlanta from Ohio rained out, so I'm yet to give her a try. But it does sound like an excuse to take a ride this weekend to test it out.....
                [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

The only thing I dislike about mine is that the nozzel is on the right side, throttle hand. If I dont' sett it up jet perfectly, I have to let off my throttle to get a sip while riding. Other than that it comes in handy. Seems like I've heard of some packs with the nozzel on the left.
                  This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                  BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

No , you thread it over your right shoulder so you can reach up with your left hand to get a drink . No need to let go of the throttle . THat hose SHOULD go over either shoulder .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Mine is very similar to this one: http://www.ebags.com/camelbak/snoblast/product_detail/index.cfm?modelID=123183

The insulated hose goes through the right shoulder strap. You can leave it out to try and work it from the left side, but there is nothing on the left side to connect or secure it. So it just flaps around while you're riding. It still comes in handy though.
                      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

so this is nothing like a camel toe huh?
                        With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
                        The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
                        To the bang bang boogie
                        Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                          Yeah , it's not that hard to get the hose into your mouth .

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                          I had one on my trip down to the gap a couple years ago. works great. I didn't have the backpack to hold it, just the bladder. I stuffed it down my back and ran the hose up under my chinbar. The added bonus is that when empty, i inflated it, and had adjustable lower back suppport. Sounds nuts, but it actually worked and was VERY comfortable
                          So long as you don't confuse it for your spit tube, right?
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post

So long as you don't confuse it for your spit tube, right?
                            You only do that once, then you never do it again

Comment

thanks or the info. I have a few of the actual bladders which can go in the back pack. I tried it out the other day and had it over my right shoulder, works like a champ. Just reach up with the left hand and take a sip. You guys were talking about a spit tube, lol. Has anyone ever dipped while riding. Would love to figure out how to without a mess. Would save time so I dont have to stop every hundred miles to get a smoke.

Comment

Working...
                              X