X

Anyone using a GPS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACKAL View Post
    I've got the Garmin Zumo 550 mounted on my bike.

MP3 player built in. XM satelite radio if you buy the antenna and subscription. Bluetooth enabled. Comes with car mount and bike mount. Very easy to use, and fun to play with. Ignore the MSRP on the site, you can get it a lot cheaper if you look around. Totally waterproof so you don't have to worry about those sudden showers. Couldn't recommend it any higher, but all GPS's do pretty much the same thing, so you can't go wrong really.

^^ i bought my parents the same one for Christmas last year =)
    they seem happy with it... worked on their bike trip down to the states this past spring.
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

I bought a GPS Mount on eBay. Just put in Katana Mount and you'll see it. Connects to your gas tank cover and it works out pretty well when I use it.

Comment

the older garmin 2610 works great . ram mounts to the brake fluid cap
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Took delivery of my zumo 550 yesterday and hard wired the bike power supply today, i'm good to go anywhere now.
          '06 Katana 750

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me!

Comment

I use my Garmin 760.. Bluetooth, MP3, FM Traffic info. I can listen to music, get a call, and voice directions all hands free.. i just put it my tank bag and put my bluetooth earpiece on.. (I use a slim behind the ear Jabra BT250v, it vibrates when i get a call)
            How much is your head worth?-

Comment

Gps cheap

Here are some gps to look at http://pepboys.shoplocal.com/pepboys...searchtext=GPS

Comment

Wife just picked up a new Garmin (still sealed in package) at the comunity yard sale for $40.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I use topo maps with my GPS units more than I would use navigation, and my old Garmin Etrex Legend started acting up on me last summer (after 7 years of heavy use). My next one will be the Garmin Etrex Vista HCx. It's waterproof, and accepts micro SD cards/ With the city maps card installed it will do turn by turn navigation, and i can also get navigation off paved roads with the topo maps installed, which works gret when trying to locate fires in the middle of nowhere. http://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=8703
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

Magellan Roadmate i forget which model.

Mainly becasue it has a AAA feature. it gives you miles to a landmark infront of you and after you. SO if in an emergency. It will give more precise location details Also uses Cordinates down to the minutes. Easy touch screen button size so touching with gloves is a no stress feature.
                    99 Katana GSX600F -03 Bandtana GSX1200F- 06 Charger Daytona R/T

The Tallest KAT Rider.. Out there! PERIOD.

Comment

Anybody have information on how they wired their GPS and mounted it? I have a TomTom One and would love to be able to use it on my Kat.

Comment

Im am running a TomTom 125 off a 12v cig lighter plug. It doesnt draw much juice and i put in inside the clear map pocket on my tank bag. It worked AWESOME! It got me from Moscow, Idaho to Jasper Canada and back again. I think the GPS const $125 or so and was the cheapest i could find locally with canda included. Just my 2 cents
                        2000 Kat 750: matte black paint, yoshi RS-3 pipe, +2 rear sprocket, x-ring chain

Fastest 1/4 mile: 12.28 @109mph

Comment

I got the TomTom One Gen 3 on mine. I mounted mine to the dash though. i also ran the plug into the front center light above the headlight itself for charging it.
                          Last edited by GSXF 600 Guy; 08-12-2009, 12:33 PM.
                          If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

thinking about buy a zumo 550 but the new zumo 660 is out now. Not sure if I am going to use XM on the 550 but the 660 does not seem to have XM traffic or as many stored routes like only 20 where the 550 has 50 of them. not sure if I should buy the older 550 or take my chances with the 660. If someone has a zumo 660 I like to hear more about it.

Comment

I have been using the same Garmin StreetPilot 3 since year 2000, on dozens of motos, it's dying slowly for that it does nto operate on more viby motos anymore.. only work on smooth running machines. I think Santa is going to bring me some new GPS later this month.

Comment

I have a Garmin Etrex Vista I have only used for hunting, after reading these posts i'm going to mount it on my Kat, just one more great idea I have seen on this site. you guys here at KR rock.
                                TRUST YOUR HANG !

Comment

Working...
                                X