Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Whats your daily mileage goal on a tour??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your daily mileage goal on a tour??

After a recent 4 day tour, I think around 250 - 300 miles a day is a comfortable goal. I know you can do a lot more if you do all highway miles, but if you stick to twisties and secondary roads 250-300 seems perfect. Its cool that on any long 3 or 4 day weekend you can crank out a 1000 mile tour. If you map it out, you can touch off on anywhere from two to five different states.

Re: Whats your daily mileage goal on a tour??

Originally posted by mx916
    After a recent 4 day tour, I think around 250 - 300 miles a day is a comfortable goal. I know you can do a lot more if you do all highway miles, but if you stick to twisties and secondary roads 250-300 seems perfect. Its cool that on any long 3 or 4 day weekend you can crank out a 1000 mile tour. If you map it out, you can touch off on anywhere from two to five different states.
    Really depends on the day. Having done a 10 day trip this year, our mileage each day varied quite a bit. Some days we did as little as 200 miles and some days as much as 750 miles. Basically we just rode until we felt like stopping, whether it be for pics, something to eat, or just to chill.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Re: Whats your daily mileage goal on a tour??

Originally posted by chinto
      Originally posted by mx916
      Really depends on the day. Having done a 10 day trip this year, our mileage each day varied quite a bit. Some days we did as little as 200 miles and some days as much as 750 miles. Basically we just rode until we felt like stopping, whether it be for pics, something to eat, or just to chill.

Thats the way I would do it (never really been on a long tour, yet). I would ride until I felt like stopping (unless weather had a factor).
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Depends on where I'm going ,I guess . Never been on an actual "tour" before , though . But after about 300 miles of highway a day , I'm about ready for a good break . Maybe a coupel hundred more if I were to go cross-country or something . Again , it was just depend on where I decided to stop for the night .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i only get around 120 miles per tank so i would have to stop for gas at least every 100 just to be safe...thats about a good rest to let your butt to regain feeling!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I think the GF and I hit 300 once... I just drive till the sun goes down...
            GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

depends if I was trying to get somewhere, or just enjoy the ride. 300 miles / day on secondary roads is okay. Stop for gas, nice lunch, pictures, very reasonable. Now, if you're going cross country and just trying to get there, I can see 800-1000 miles easy. I haven't done the iron butt thing like Tom, but I've seen 800-900 miles in a day. Two or Three days in a row of that and you are worn out. Definitely bring a bottle of iburprofen for the long haul rides. Pop a couple when you fill up the tank and it takes the edge off. Invest in a throttle lock or something too if you are doing the long hauls. HS2020 has a great set that look just like bar ends. I'll be getting a set soon I hope. Just helps to give your right hand and wrist a break.
              Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
              Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by tjbechtel
                i only get around 120 miles per tank so i would have to stop for gas at least every 100 just to be safe...thats about a good rest to let your butt to regain feeling!
                You riding with the brakes on? lol

My 2002 Katana 600 gets 55 MPG.
                PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

55 mpg will be plenty fine with me

I acomplished 61 mpg on my buddies r6
                  -1999 White FRC Corvette
                  -2003 Black Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Just got back from 1028 mile tour. Did couple of days around 250 and last day over 500. I agree with the others depends on the day. I had no set mileage agenda except to be home by this afternoon. Decided to crank it out last night and have today to rest before going to work tomorrow.
                    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

My typical road-day while trying to get somewhere is around 600 - 650 miles these days; 450 is like a warm-up (I'm still sociable & want to do things when I arrive), 1k tends to wear me out too much to want to jump back on the road 10 hours later...
                      To me, anything under about 375 isn't a tour, it's just a ride...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                        To me, anything under about 375 isn't a tour, it's just a ride...

My brudder from anutta mudder!
                        sigpic

Comment

Baaaaad Mpg?!?!?

120 miles per tank??? Your carb must have an extra jet straight into the tailpipe...or maybe you did the entire 120 on the back wheel, wide open!!!

Comment

200 to 500 is an average trip when the wife comes with me. My buddies make fun of the Kat until we pull over and Im the only one not sore then they want to trade for a few miles.

Comment

Where'd you go ?
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X