X

Rain Covers for Boots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Covers for Boots

I am planning a 1500 mile trip in late April. What are the best way to keep your feet/boots dry? I've put mink oil on the boots.
    I need fairings, good condition. If you have please PM or email offer. Shipping is to Jacksonville FL, 32223

I like to tie walmart bags around my feet to keep my feet dry, looks retarted but works. they also fit under the seat .

Comment

Double Post

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by 05_katanatyson
        I like to tie walmart bags around my feet to keep my feet dry, looks retarted but works. they also fit under the seat .
        Yeah , that's an old trick , but a good'un .
        Oil on the boots is helpful , but not when your rain pants ride up and the rain pours into your boots . Your now waterproof boots are NOW doing a great job keeping the water IN .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Neadsfoot oil

There used to be a oil called "neadsfoot" or maybe "needsfoot" oil. I still have some left from 40 years ago. You put a little on a rag and rub it all over your boots. It makes them water resistant and keeps them supple. It is also used in making baseball mitts soft and flexible.

Comment

Sounds like mink oil or Sno Seal . Yeah , that'll help . But not if water gets in from the TOP . THEN your now waterproof boots HOLD water real well .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I ride in a ton of monsoon rains in the summer here in Florida, and MD is right -- if the rain runs into the top of your boot, it's all over: no rain cover is going to make a difference.

I went a different route, looking for WW2 tanker boots which have the tongue sealed into the boot up to about 1/2" below the top. With a pair of riding pants or jeans over the boots, the rain that hits rolls down the pants and never enters the boot, and the rain that hits the front of the boot doesn't get driven in. Then again, I ride a 98+ -- you pre-98 boys don't have the type of protection against the elements use Johnny-come-lately types do :P

Beeswax, Sno-Seal, Mink Oil, Camp-Dry for Leather, Neatsfoot Oil are all available to help seal up leather. For more info on the differences between the products and what to use, visit my How to Treat and Maintain Motorcycle Leather webpagel

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X