No announcement yet.
X

need extra tools, not alot of room???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have work to do. Off to Harbor Freight, Wal-Mart, and any other store that might have this type of shiznit. I have my list.
    Changing out the bolts to hex is a great Idea.
    I have the T-handles from Harbor Freight already, great, for like 11 bucks.
    http://www.geocities.com/kissarmymc/
    bikerfriend.org You get cool stickers for your cage

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      Originally posted by katanasoldier
      That is amazing how you guys are able to fit all that stuff under there!
      Now try that with a pre . . I HATE you beeches and all the space you got under there . WE only got room for a decent sized sandwich . I put 4 sparkplugs , a leatherman , and a small bag of extra bolts under there and that's pushing it .
      Hold on.. That's not true, I keep a tool set, a few rags and a cargo net under my seat (in the rear most part of the tail).
      I have a metal tool box (about 1 1/2 X 3 X 6).
      Inside that is: Vise grips, 10, 12, 13, 14 mm wrenches, a small adjustable, razor blades, wire ties, fold up allen key set, wire, a roll of electrical tape, cotter pins. Also in the box is a baggie with; several dollar bills (emergency gas cash. Insurance info and a photocopy of my DL. That tucks in the tail and the cargo net fits next to it. Rags fit on top of it to prevent rattling. I don't carry a leatherman because all the screws are allens.. However I just got this tiny keychain one that has a very bright LED flashlight. I may carry that now. I used to carry screws and spare plugs in the tank bag but never needed them. I think you should explore under your seat more Md..

I want some of those soft cases. I could carry a heck of a lot more!
      Then there are still nooks and crannies around the undertail for stuff.

Comment

Hmmm , THEY got this big box thing behind the battery , while WE get this little slot big enough for a sammich . THEY got that slot as well , but theirs is BIGGER . "We got hose , Timmy . We got hosed " .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

One tip I learned from MD, except I went really big: now I carry 18 to 36" super-duty zip ties under the too. They were a life saver when the key broke on my Givi bag at last year's rally and I needed to close the bag & make sure it stayed mounted to the luggage rack.

Matt, I owe you a drink for that one... but you still owe me a steak

I've also added RescueTape to my kit now, as well as replacing the standard metric fold-up allen key kit with a wobble-tip set of the same general design (Walmart).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

these are good too

I have one of these under the seat, you might have to search around for one, but they aren't expensive and are pretty well built for what they are:

Comment

That's pretty cool... (the RotoWrench). I haven't seen those anywhere yet.

I'm half-tempted to contact a manufacturer and have a Kat-specific folding tool built (I'd make it have four allen keys - M4, M5, M5.5, M6, plus #2 phillips and standard flat-bladed screwdrivers)...

Oh, and I did pick up a new multi-tool (Husky brand -yuk- but only $15 -super-) from one of the hardware stores that has a bit-driver and every allen-key and socket I could need. I'm going to consider where it should be in my collection.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

But .... I just read this article about this Japanese phillips screwdriver . it SEEMS that our regular phillips' ain't quite perfect for alot of the screws used on these "jap bikes" . If I were to make a Kat-specific toolkit (ok , MORE specific than I got NOW ) , I'd look for one of those ....

Comment

But .... I just read this article about this Japanese phillips screwdriver
                  Where'd you read it? I'd like to see that article myself.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    But .... I just read this article about this Japanese phillips screwdriver
                    Where'd you read it? I'd like to see that article myself.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    not sure about a article but a #2 does not fit a #1phillips very well.

Comment

OK, a quick search netted me the same info: that there is another standard for the Japanese called JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard). Frearson seems the closest.

More Here: http://www.katun.com/products/toolsjis.html

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It was in one of the bike mags . A recent issue . I's WANTING to say Cycle World in the "toolbox" section , but like I said , not sure . But they said that was a good reason why alot of the phillips fasteners get FUBAR'd so often .

Comment

Working...
                        X