X

1982 Katana shocks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 Katana shocks

A long shot question, anyone out there have a set of '82 OEM rear shocks for a Katana that they would part with? Mine are leaking and trying to stay original.

Thanks

Joe
    GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Joe,,, did you try this guy,
    79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Originally posted by sixdog View Post
      That guy (Rob) does have a ton of stuff, and I am pretty sure not all of it is listed on that page, so he may have some. I need shocks myself, but probably ain't going stock...

Good luck!

Comment

LOL! I forgot about him, thanks! I referred versicat to him a while back.

Comment

Joe, there is a guy around here that has Katana parts...Gordon is his name. I will try to get a hold of the guy.
          79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Joe, there is a guy around here that has Katana parts...Gordon is his name. I will try to get a hold of the guy.
            Mario,

I think I know who you are talking about. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
              Mario,

I think I know who you are talking about. I appreciate the help.
              Hey Joe...looks like the guy dropped off the face of the earth...number is not working, email comes back as undeliverable.

Comment

Hey Joe...looks like the guy dropped off the face of the earth...number is not working, email comes back as undeliverable.
                Thanks anyway. I think he was on GSR, I posted a wanted ad there, also. Rob the Kat guy said he had a pair, rough condition. I asked for photos. I am also looking to see if these can be rebuilt, I know a guy, who knows a guy....lol!

Comment

I know this guy , he was selling off all his bikes and parts on craigslist
                  Had a ton of katana parts
                  Havent seen anything from him lately

Comment

Originally posted by Frazer View Post
                    I know this guy , he was selling off all his bikes and parts on craigslist
                    Had a ton of katana parts
                    Havent seen anything from him lately
                    Yea Frazer, he had a 40 foot container with all kinds of Katana parts....shame we can't get a hold of him.

Originally posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
                    Thanks anyway. I think he was on GSR, I posted a wanted ad there, also. Rob the Kat guy said he had a pair, rough condition. I asked for photos. I am also looking to see if these can be rebuilt, I know a guy, who knows a guy....lol!
                    Really...a guy that knows a guy...hahaha...Keep us posted Joe.
                    Last edited by sixdog; 05-24-2017, 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Not sure if you guys saw this...a little OT but interesting for early Kats: http://gsxkatana.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post
                        Not sure if you guys saw this...a little OT but interesting for early Kats: http://gsxkatana.wordpress.com/
                        Thanks Robert....I've seen that Kat before. It does have a ton of work.

Comment

I have a set, they look fine, but no guarantee about how they work.
                          Not sure I want to sell them , but maybe.

BUT

I just moved home and shop, I may not find them for months.
                          If you don't find a set sooner let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
                            I have a set, they look fine, but no guarantee about how they work.
                            Not sure I want to sell them , but maybe.

BUT

I just moved home and shop, I may not find them for months.
                            If you don't find a set sooner let me know.
                            Thanks. Still checking on having mine rebuilt.

Comment

Depending on what you want they are still available new (for a Price $555.90 aud) in Australia

I also have a spare set that don't leak but haven't tried them on the bike.
                              Quickest form of contact for me would be [email protected]

Cheers
                              Max
                              Last edited by popupkat; 06-19-2017, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X