Trying to find/buy left bar switch for my '83 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find/buy left bar switch for my '83 750

Hey gang,

The '83 Katana I bought is missing the left bar switch.

Anyone have one for sale? If not, even a picture of the correct unit would be helpful.

Thanks!

You get a good look at the left switch in this video at around 0.40.

GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
      You get a good look at the left switch in this video at around 0.40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llWj4pOvQoc
      Thanks!

Is that your bike? Nicely done!

Comment

Originally posted by versicat View Post
        Thanks!

Is that your bike? Nicely done!
        That's not mine in the video.

Comment

One on ebay now....

79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Originally posted by sixdog View Post
            Thanks for the heads up.

A question about this one that's for sale; it's got a choke lever. My bike's got a choke dial on the side cover. Is this just how they were built (two ways to choke), or does the lever remove for the Katana, or is this the wrong bar switch?

Also, should I expect to pay this much? Seems pricey.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

A question about this one that's for sale; it's got a choke lever. My bike's got a choke dial on the side cover. Is this just how they were built (two ways to choke), or does the lever remove for the Katana, or is this the wrong bar switch?

Also, should I expect to pay this much? Seems pricey.

Thanks in advance
              You're correct, you need one without the choke lever. That one would work, just do not connect the choke cable to it. I did a quick search, but didn't find anything. Look for a 1982 GS1000SZ or 1983 GS1100S, I think they are the same. They are hard to find in decent condition, that may be the going price.

Comment

You're correct, you need one without the choke lever. That one would work, just do not connect the choke cable to it. I did a quick search, but didn't find anything. Look for a 1982 GS1000SZ or 1983 GS1100S, I think they are the same. They are hard to find in decent condition, that may be the going price.
                thanks.

Yeah, I'm in no super rush, so I'll keep looking for the correct one. Makes sense on the cost due to rarity, and I'll need to keep that in mind given the condition of the bike and my plans for it...

The guy who hacked up this bike was using a boat starter switch mounted via a hole drilled at the bottom of the right side cover. This bike will never be restored to stock, so I may just continue to use some type of hidden starter switch, but I'd rather have the bar switch. It'll never have turn signals either, so I may look for a clean looking aftermarket starter switch (but they all seem kind of cheap looking).

Comment

thanks.

Yeah, I'm in no super rush, so I'll keep looking for the correct one. Makes sense on the cost due to rarity, and I'll need to keep that in mind given the condition of the bike and my plans for it...

The guy who hacked up this bike was using a boat starter switch mounted via a hole drilled at the bottom of the right side cover. This bike will never be restored to stock, so I may just continue to use some type of hidden starter switch, but I'd rather have the bar switch. It'll never have turn signals either, so I may look for a clean looking aftermarket starter switch (but they all seem kind of cheap looking).
                  Hmmm, just looked at Babbitts:

Shop online for OEM Left Handle Switch parts that fit your 1983 Suzuki GS750S, search all our OEM Parts or call at (231)737-4542

Seems like it is still available (a replacement style, anyway).

Found it on Ebay. The replacement part has the choke lever.

Last edited by Suzuki_dog; 03-23-2017, 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hmmm, just looked at Babbitts:

Shop online for OEM Left Handle Switch parts that fit your 1983 Suzuki GS750S, search all our OEM Parts or call at (231)737-4542

Seems like it is still available (a replacement style, anyway).

Found it on Ebay. The replacement part has the choke lever.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/37400-45373-...item3f6f384e9d
                    Cool. Thanks again. Good to know there are multiple options. I'll save a couple of searches on eBay per your suggestions above, and see what comes along as the weeks/months go by...

Comment

I saw this, this morning: Scroll down for the left hand switch.

Comment

http://www.parts.suzuki-katana.com/sales.html
                        Thanks Suzuki_Dog! I've emailed the seller. Very helpful.

Wow, would love that turbo set-up...

Comment

Thanks Suzuki_Dog! I've emailed the seller. Very helpful.

Wow, would love that turbo set-up...
                          We can dream....

Comment

http://www.parts.suzuki-katana.com/sales.html
                            I bought that bar switch, and I'm going to purchase the right bar switch too if he still has it. Good find. Thanks again.

Comment

I bought that bar switch, and I'm going to purchase the right bar switch too if he still has it. Good find. Thanks again.
                              Cool, glad it worked out. Don't forget to post pics of the bike as you get things done.

Comment

Working...
                              X