83 Turbo sighted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 83 Turbo sighted

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...Q5fmotorcycles

Someone needs to lrn2rotate pics. Cool bike though.
    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Where is the Turbo? Exhaust looks straight out from head to can.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
        Where is the Turbo? Exhaust looks straight out from head to can.
        My thoughts as well. I don't see anything mechanically that indicates a turbo.

EDIT: I googled the XN85. Looks like the pipes go up behind the right side engine cover and then comes back down. I bet thats where the turbo actually sits.
        Last edited by scottynoface; 06-29-2009, 04:09 PM.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

It's not a Katana but the XN85 was a cool bike in its own right. The turbo is tucked in behind the cylinder head.

Great website: http://www.xn85turbo.com/

If I had more room in the garage, I'd love to add one of these turbo bikes to my collection!
          1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Actually, it is just a RARE bike, made only 1 year because it was a TURD!!!!! GS 650, 8 valve motor, in a decent,but not great, chassis. To whoever posted this here, & real VINTAGE Kat owners will back me, this bike was NOT a vintage KAT. Not even close! Was it a "cool" bike? Maybe. Is it rare? Yes. Is it fast? NO, it's a turd! The Honda Turbo will walk away from it & is a MUCH better bike. And I am a DIEHARD Suzuki guy!!! Ray.
            85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

The Honda turbo was also $1000+ more than the Suzuki.

Many road-tests at the time stated that the Suzuki XN85 was the best of the breed when performance and price were factored in. The website linked to above has many scans of period (and later) comparos and reviews in the Articles section. Check them out, they're an interesting read.

Personally, I wouldn't say it was a turd... sure it was more expensive than a Katana 1100 and with just 85hp, it was slower, but as a technological showcase, it was right on the mark. The styling was futuristic without being ridiculous (I'm looking at you Yamaha and Honda!) and had enough vintage Kat in the mix to give it a family look.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3inIRvjYZU"]YouTube - Suzuki XN85 Turbo[/ame]

As I said, I'd love to have one. I probably wouldn't ride it much but I'd enjoy seeing it parked alongside of my 82.
              1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

An interesting bike, yeah, but as Ray states - most definitely NOT a Katana!

Comment

At the risk of being banned, the Kawi 750 Turbo was better than both the Suzuki, and the Honda. Period.
                  (Got the asbestos on now)

Comment

No flames coming at you from me. I know the Kawi was the best factory built turbo of that era. Ray.
                    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
                      At the risk of being banned, the Kawi 750 Turbo was better than both the Suzuki, and the Honda. Period.
                      (Got the asbestos on now)
                      Well yeah, duh

Seen a few turbo ZX7s, those things haul ***.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

why is it that whenever i read or see something about turbo, all i can think about/ day dream about... is a big fat turbo on my kat?
                        Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukii600 View Post
                          why is it that whenever i read or see something about turbo, all i can think about/ day dream about... is a big fat turbo on my kat?
                          Maybe it's because you got a BIG, FAT Kat that NEEDS a turbo to get out of it's own way!!! LOL!!! I couldn't resist!! I could build you a motor so I wouldn't be able to say that anymore?!!! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                          X