X

My addiction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My addiction

Hello, My name is Unholy_m and I have an addiction. I am addicted to modification and abusing the legal speed limit. Motorcycles are the passion that now fuel my fire, much it is all of yours.

Wishing for an experience since I was 10, I never knew how powerfully overcoming they were till now. Only having a year under my belt, the passion has taken over and I now have to make my Kat a reflection of me. With that said I have one last clarification. I WILL consume knowledge, I WILL fuel my passion, and I WILL make this bike mine…

My iron steed is a 94 Suzuki GSX600F (Katana, Teapot). It is my first bike. It only had 10,500mi on it when I brought it home. Except the fact that it was missing a mirror, there was no major work that needed to be done. I changed the oil and aired the tires. This is the beginning.

From here I set out to learn more. About the speed, power, individuality. People speak so badly about these bikes I almost had buyer’s remorse. However, the life was to inviting. So I searched and found Katriders. Oh what a wealth of knowledge that was. Then I started looking for a community that matched my personality. I found Custom Fighters. Being a lover of the fighter and rat scene since the first bike show I attended, I made this my home and out let to the lifestyle.

Now instead of sitting back, collecting materials, doing homework and watching other projects take form. I have decided to make my own. What a day it will be when my project is done and burning up the roads.

This is a picture of my ride after a couple bolt on's

Installed at this point is a Busa shock. Also the gauges from a 95 Kat 750, re-pining it with the Kat 600 connectors to make easily serviceable. Next, had the windscreen painted black and created a dual bulb tail light. That was about the extent of cutting at that point, but future "mod's" were on the way…

So I searched a while more looking for something to help me gain control and at the same time make the throttle response faster. I came across a 1/4 turn throttle. The closest and cheapest option was a new throttle tube, from an 06 R6. It required slight modification, it is not a direct fit, but what the hell right. What's having a fighter with out cutting something. So I started modifying it, the tube is a tad short, but man does it hit the spot. The pics show the amount that it is short and the difference of turn.

Now, I was gazing about my garage cleaning and organizing. Doing so I looking in the the north corner and seen my next step. Oh and is it beautiful. You wanna see what it was..? It was this.

A new, shade of light to see the world in.

So I decided I would try it out. OHHHH what excitement this will be. So starting the morning of March 11th the bike looked like this.

Then and hour later it looked like this.

Then after some major fiddling and persuading. I was able to take this picture.

Now, I am hoping that with a little tweeking and fine tuning. I may be able to feel this things power by the end of the month.
    Last edited by Unholy_m; 05-18-2011, 07:11 PM.
    My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
    Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

I'm glad you found a good use for those books!
    Looks good. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Interesting writing style friend! I have no doubts the bike will turn out just as interesting... Good luck!

Comment

thats awesome brotha... cant wait till ur finished and get ur experience. and yea like others said, u have an interesting writing technique
        Vlad The Russian

Comment

Looks good keep up the work!
          2005 Gsx600f- My baby
          1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
          Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

drjmoo1- What do you mean books..? In my garage we call those kickstands.

Thanks for the complements... I think? lol Anyway I am hoping to start the other things soon.

Comment

So whilst trying to figure out the last couple parts for the 1100. I started to get frustrated, I hate when a project gets hung up by missing parts and low funds. Oh well, now I found myself looking for an outlet for my frustration. My first guess was to take a hammer to it and then see where I was when the dust settled. No no, that would do no good. So a buddy of mine suggested making more work for myself. I said, "Yeah and I know just the thing." He was like, "Oh no, what do you have now?".

Well I came out if the garage with this.

The suspension is from a 94? GSX-R 750. He the said, "Ook so when we getting started? The sooner the better you know. Your bike isn't moving anyway."

"Cool then lets get started" I said.

So this morning it started out like this,

Then, with a little of this,

It looked like this,

Then I got a little technical and decided to take photos of the difference in height and style. So here you go to all the people who like me were curious. GSX-R on the right, DUH.

So after a little repacking of the bearings and getting off my butt to D/W it looked like this,

Sat on the bike and what a difference there was already, at least it seams that way. I do have some last bits and pieces that need to be bolted on. Other than that it is installed and on it's way to being a whole new bike.

Now there are some people that will say that there are better suspensions out there for this bike. With that in mind, I already know that. I have this because I started collecting parts since last year. For now this is the one that is staying because it still seems like a better option then the stocker.

To finish this entry I have one last thing to say. There is a spot that I have to grind to allow the locking cylinder to work right. It shouldn't be much but if I remember I will document the progress.
              Last edited by Unholy_m; 05-21-2011, 01:39 PM.

Comment

so far so good brotha... crazy project!
                Vlad The Russian

Comment

Thanks, I am hoping that I can sell a couple more part. I am looking forward to doing some actual cutting and welding.

Comment

Sick... lovin it man.. can't wait to see the end result.. hopfully my purchase helped you out a bit, if you ever want to sell those center stands I would b happy to take them off your hands .

Comment

ha ha I may have to let you in on that soon I am trying to come up with the money for a set of gauges and a headlight.

Comment

looks great keep it goin

Comment

trying to raise funds now. lol But I am working on it.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                            X