No announcement yet.
X

Making The Kat A Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting, though if you can't see it at a glance what's the point of having a tach at all?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
      If you take a piece of 3/8" gas line and cut it to about 1/2" long it works great on the rear brake lever. Or any piece of rubber hose that will fit for that matter.

I used some black o-rings I got at home depot. looks almost stock.
      Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
      '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Interesting, though if you can't see it at a glance what's the point of having a tach at all?
        Its in my range of view...and the only time i really use my tach is when i tach the bike out to shift and it has a shift light thats bright enough to blind you.
        Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

A little iffy on the tach light itself. Other then that I am still liking this.
          My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
          Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Originally posted by Unholy_m View Post
            A little iffy on the tach light itself. Other then that I am still liking this.
            What do you mean iffy..? lol

My Build

Comment

Originally posted by BPryz View Post
              I used some black o-rings I got at home depot. looks almost stock.
              Not to thread-jack....... but THAT is a cool solution!
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I meant that I wasn't sure if "I" like it, but it's not my build. lol Looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Unholy_m View Post
                  I meant that I wasn't sure if "I" like it, but it's not my build. lol Looking good.
                  Ehh.. 2 each their own...I kinda pride myself on being different...But thanks bud anyones input is always welcome.

My Build

Comment

well thats the point of having a fighter is to be diffrent than everyone else

Comment

Yup and i hope to have the same amount when I start mine. Positive or negative.

Comment

Thats pretty sharp Kattie I like what you did with it, I still would like to find the seat cowl and not in in England

Comment

lookin tidy there, well clean

BTW does having the forks up thru the top tree so far cause any probs?
                          if not - sweet!
                          '92 GSX750F 'fighter project
                          '83 XV1000 cafe racer project (almost done )

Comment

wow, i just posted pics of my fighter last night. Our paint looks close, and i used sliders also, i liked the look of them. Your bikes looking nice. On a side note, i cut my front fender using a dremel. it came out looking awesome. Check out my post.

Comment

I like tha way Kats look... why chang em?

That thing looked cool when you when you first got it I can't figure out why you guys change them up especially when some of them just look ratty. I'm new to motorcycles, is there any other reason than just got borred with the norm?

Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X