X

Making The Kat A Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making The Kat A Fighter

I am in the process of making my pre kat a fighter...Im keeping the stock tail and im not going as far as cutting the frame or anything...ive just ordered parts and i took my front fairings,my factory headlight,guages and my windscreen off and thats as far as ive gone...Im keeping the rear fairings and the bottom fairings and the front fender on it because im going for more of the stunt look then a full on fighter and i want to be able to put it back to stock if i ever decide i want to do that...Ill be sure to post some pics soon.
    Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Ive done everything to this bike myself...other than dad gave me a hand with the paint and putting the exhaust on.
    Attached Files

My Build

Comment

This is how the bike looks as of right now...But ive decided to make it a fighter because ive always kind of liked the look and im getting to the point where i just cant stand that stock headlight...lol...So ill post more soon.
      Attached Files

My Build

Comment

Im making mine a fighter also..i just love the naked look of the bikes. you can see what ive done to mine so far in the thread i made called "my 600 project" in the pics and flicks section...im lovin that color on your bike by the way..

Comment

Originally posted by zax722 View Post
          Im making mine a fighter also..i just love the naked look of the bikes. you can see what ive done to mine so far in the thread i made called "my 600 project" in the pics and flicks section...im lovin that color on your bike by the way..
          Thankyou...Its a custom color my unlce mixed...My bike and my brothers 750 vulcan are painted with it and we ran out...I would love to have more of it but i dont know that ill ever be able to match it...its got a bit of metal flake in it also that you cant see in the pics and in the right light it has a gold look and in others it looks to be blue.

My Build

Comment

I don't know about taking a bike with good looking plastics and making a fighter. Your bike looks really nice right now.

I'd see if you could find a bike that doesn't look so good to begin with and work with it.

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
              I don't know about taking a bike with good looking plastics and making a fighter. Your bike looks really nice right now.

I'd see if you could find a bike that doesn't look so good to begin with and work with it.
              +1
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

You could always sell the plastics...then regret it later lol

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post

Im keeping everything to put it back to stock...and its not perfect by any means,it looks good but its got scratches,a crack or 2 and some flaws in the front fairings,thats 1 reason i wana take them off,i put every nut and bolt i took out in zip lock bags,i put my headlight assembly,the fairings and the windscreen away safe in the garage,im not doing a complete tear down and cutting the tail and all that mess,im just doing kind of a stunt bike look and using the fighter front end. 1. because i hate the factory headlight 2. i love the look and anything thats different and im doing it right and making it look good,and with no more than im doing i can put the bike completely back to stock in about an hour or 2 if i want...no big deal...Youll just have to wait and see what i mean,im keeping the rear fairings and stock tail and everything,no major mods,youll see just how simple of mods im doing when i post pics,im not gona ruin the bike by any means,it can easily be put back,and its not like im worried about what i can sell it for,because im not going to sell it,my father helped me get this bike and its the first street bike i myself have actaully owned,it will be setting in the garage along with every future bike i own,its not going anywhere,i can see alot of rebuilding in this katanas future...maybe a full on resoration when im a little older.
                  Last edited by Kattie; 01-04-2011, 10:20 PM.

My Build

Comment

Parts i've ordered...I bought 4 extended frame sliders...im going mount 2 on the rear in the factory exhaust mounts and fab up some mounts and put the other two on the front...Ill post pics of the bike in its current condition as soon as i get a chance...the only thing done to the bike so far is.I've removed the front fairings,the headlight and gauge assembly and the windscreen.Other than that it looks like the most recent pics...Im going to do some wire hiding and paint work also along with some new parts.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Kattie; 01-04-2011, 11:46 PM.

My Build

Comment

Anyone happen to have any ideas on what kind of paint i can use on the swingarm? Im afraid if i dont use something good it will scratch easliy..?

Thanks

My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Kattie View Post
                        Parts i've ordered...I bought 4 extended frame sliders...im going mount 2 on the rear in the factory exhaust mounts and fab up some mounts and put the other two on the front...Ill post pics of the bike in its current condition as soon as i get a chance...the only thing done to the bike so far is.I've removed the front fairings,the headlight and gauge assembly and the windscreen.Other than that it looks like the most recent pics...Im going to do some wire hiding and paint work also along with some new parts.
                        Just got a new shifter also...New foot pegs are next.
                        Attached Files

My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Kattie View Post
                          Anyone happen to have any ideas on what kind of paint i can use on the swingarm? Im afraid if i dont use something good it will scratch easliy..?

Thanks
                          When in doubt use wheel paint.
                          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
                            When in doubt use wheel paint.
                            I thought about that...Or caliper paint...considering they are both pretty tough and i dont want to go as far as getting the compressor and spray gun out.

Thanks

My Build

Comment

Working...
                            X