Making The Kat A Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kattie
    replied
    Got the new tach installed and working flawless and i just ordered a new billet reservoir cover and o-ring chain. its coming alone pretty nice ill get some more pics up soon.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• the wind
    replied
    where did the bar end come from?

Leave a comment:

• fox24086
    replied
    where did you get your pegs from?

Leave a comment:

• Kfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Kattie View Post
    Got the new pegs and rear sliders on

If you take a piece of 3/8" gas line and cut it to about 1/2" long it works great on the rear brake lever. Or any piece of rubber hose that will fit for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
    not a fan of sliders on a naked bike, but I dunno seems to add a little something to yours, I like it, reminds me of pegs on my old bmx lol
    Lol...Thanks...The main reason i did it is to save my engine covers and my block from gettin smashed if i drop my bike...I wrapped wrags around them so they wouldnt look like my bike had been laid down and i laid the bike on its side lastnight and the they are the only things that touch...it keeps the forks the swinger and the exhaust off the ground and the bar ends save my levers and stuff...Should help out alot if the bike ever goes down...My buddy said what if the bike starts flipping,then whats gona save it...I said if im goin fast enough when i go down for it to start flippin then the bike is the least of my worries.

Leave a comment:

• cintidude04
    replied
    not a fan of sliders on a naked bike, but I dunno seems to add a little something to yours, I like it, reminds me of pegs on my old bmx lol

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    Finally Got The Front Sliders On.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    Originally posted by diesel View Post
    I like that you used sliders in place of the passenger pegs.Never thought of that.
    Well actually i didnt plan on that...I put them in the factory exhaust mounts...But i believe im going to take the factory pegs off and cut out some small pieces of skateboard grip tape and put it on the rear sliders and use them for pegs to clean the bikes look up a bit.

Leave a comment:

• diesel
    replied
    I like that you used sliders in place of the passenger pegs.Never thought of that.

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    They are shorter but not by that much...They will work just fine and there shouldnt be any problems.

Leave a comment:

• cintidude04
    replied
    nice progress, is it me or do those pegs seem short

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    Got the new pegs and rear sliders on
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    Originally posted by Kattie View Post
    Got my post wheel and Busa rotor in...Now i gota paint it and polish the lip to match the front.
    Got the lip sanded and ready to polish on the post wheel i ordered...I think its gona look good...I was going to run a post wheel on the front also but i think itll look good with the 3"front and the 4.5 rear both black with a polished lip...Makes the rear wheel look alot wider in comparison to the front...Im also later going to go ahead and put a 170/60/17 on the rear and a 120/70/17 on the front...I know both of those sizes are pushing it but this is not a tire discussion...
    They make a 170 thats supposed to fit the post katana 4.5 wheel so im going to try it and see how it works so all ill have to do is modify the brake arm.

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    Got my post wheel and Busa rotor in...Now i gota paint it and polish the lip to match the front.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    Originally posted by mike1346 View Post
    1st Hey Neighbor.........2nd I was just looking at the same headlight yesterday for mine......other than the color it looks exactly like what I planned.....bike's looking good.
    Thanks bud...Ive been trying to get some work done on mine so i can ride it as soon as it gets warm...ive got a part or 2 left i want to order and then im going to start painting some stuff...Later after im done with the looks of the bike im going to jet it and put an ignition advancer and a shift kit on it...I was going to resprocket it but it already revs high enough on the interstate and i ride it quite often so im just going to leave that alone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X