X

wires showing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wires showing

i have a 1990 kat 600 and its streetfighterd. the tail end of the bike has some electrical componets showing. i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to cover it or if i should just leave it alone. will post pics as soon as i get them
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

So lets move this to "Streetfighters"

And there are lots of whys to hide the wires..
    It take a little creativity though, and probably some "adjustments" to the harness.

Comment

I have the same bike. my pic doesn't have the bottom cowling on it though cause its being repainted. the only wires I had a problem with hanging out is the one for the fuel gauge. post some pics if you can plz. maybe use electrical tape and tape the hanging wires to other wires that don't hang

Comment

Lets not over load the board with the same questions. I have merged them together.

Comment

the problem is that the fuze box is showing and i dont know were to put it so that its not getting wet. and i have some random wires connecred to a fuse. i will post pics on this tuesday due to the bike being at the shop and i cant get there till then.
          The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

yeah post pics
            -100% JEDI-

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              So lets move this to "Streetfighters"

And there are lots of whys to hide the wires..
              It take a little creativity though, and probably some "adjustments" to the harness.
              Yup not difficult but be creative and you'll be fine!
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
              Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
              R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
              1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
              RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
              3BBB turn signal mirrors,
              Black painted seat and rear trim,
              Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

here are some pics. but there are blurry i took them with a phone so.
                bike3.jpg

bike.jpg

bike5.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike 4.jpg

Comment

Dude is that a semi oval led taillight? Thought bout doin that and as far as the hiding the wires i would paint the fuse panel black and i tucked my wires under my seat and maybe ziptie them up behind the frame, some of my wire i had to cut and and put longer wire in to tuck them better

any pics of your tail?

Comment

i can have more pics next Tuesday. as for the fuse box the problem is that there is a gap that water can get in the direction that you ride. so it kinda forces water into the fuse box. as for the tail light its more of a pill shaped and its nothing special. i mounted it were the shovel used to be. and its a light from a semi truck.

Comment

i see you dont have your peice that goes between your seat and tire because you probably could have mounted the fuse box in there or you can mount it in near your battery tray and thats what i ment the pill shape

Comment

I have my fuse box mounted to the side by the right side cover. I don't have the rear fluid reservoir there anymore.. I also completely reworked the harness..

Comment

I see you ran your headlight and turn signal wiring underneath your gas tank. Do you have problems with them getting too hot or the plastic melting? I did that and the electrical tape was melting it was getting so hot under there...

Looks good btw, thanks for the pics, I want to take my rear cowls off and wanted to see what it looked like.

Comment

well thats the way i got it so im assuming that it does not. i also have the plastic shield on it so that could be that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobberwocky View Post
                              I see you ran your headlight and turn signal wiring underneath your gas tank.
                              No, I have no issues with that at all

Originally posted by 1990gsx 600 View Post
                              well thats the way i got it so im assuming that it does not. i also have the plastic shield on it so that could be that.
                              Ahhh the Pre 750 rubber thingie...

Comment

Working...
                              X