X

Custom gauge cluster setup?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom gauge cluster setup?

Hey guys Im working on a naked/street fighter 95 and im having a bit of trouble figuring out how i want to do my gauge cluster. I took the 3 gauges and the info light center out of the original cluster and want to make a new setup that will mount to the upper plate. Does anyone have any pics of how they did theres to give me some ideas. Im thinking of making it out of 1/8 aluminum but im not sure yet. thanks guys.

thanks. thats kinda what im going for but im going to mount the fuel gauge too.

Comment

I'd suggest rounding the corners, then roll the edges on the metal for a nice look, and a great improvement on support and rigidness.

You can roll the edges yourself pretty easily with a hammer and hard surface with edge.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

my buddys sposta be stopping by today with a peice of polished stainless for me to use for my gauge bezel should look pretty sweet when im done. i was thinking of getting a smaller fuel gauge tho since the one on the 95 was the same size as the other two. really dont think you need a 2 1/2 inch fuel gauge if you only need a 2 1/2 inch tach..lol

Comment

Pre 750s have a smaller gas gauge...
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

first attempt this weekend. i think it looks like a tumbstone. what do you guys think?

Comment

You can save some room if you remove the dummy lights and replace them with LED's...it takes off the lettering but you can use the same colors. I would also change the placing of the tach and speedo...just thing the speedo would be at top since you want to know how fast you are going...wonder if to make it a bit smaller using the 750 fuel gauge would be an alternative??
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

if it were mine - X3 leds red for oil blue h/beam and green neutral - drill 3 holes in the top yoke to insert the led's into
                speedo and tach either side of the ignition barrell
                and id get a smaller fuel guage
                id either get productive and fiberglass an integrated mount on to the tank - or if you cannt be bothered with that - just put it above the other 2
                i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

thanks for the feed back guys. im thinking maybe some glass work may be the best bet. ill keep workin on this and update when i have got something new to show

Comment

Here is the size of a pre98 750 fuel gauge:
                    From top Bezel size:

From the inside housing size:

Last edited by Jax; 05-11-2009, 10:07 AM.
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084

Comment

I could always just drop the fuel gauge all tegether and just run speedo and tach and leds for the warning lights

Comment

See Black Peter's bike...BP made a custom gauge cluster the is basically that...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbike-r View Post
                          if it were mine - X3 leds red for oil blue h/beam and green neutral - drill 3 holes in the top yoke to insert the led's into
                          speedo and tach either side of the ignition barrell
                          and id get a smaller fuel guage
                          id either get productive and fiberglass an integrated mount on to the tank - or if you cannt be bothered with that - just put it above the other 2
                          I am thinking of doing this. Any particular place to get led that would last in the elements?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joshr08 View Post
                            I could always just drop the fuel gauge all tegether and just run speedo and tach and leds for the warning lights

That's what I was going to say. Its a streetfighter after all...
                            -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
                            X