Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Been running "fighter style," dont know how you guys do it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been running "fighter style," dont know how you guys do it.

I been doing a lot of tweaking on my carbs lately so Ive just kept the front fairings in the garage and riding it as it. (Not saying my bike is a street fighter just becuase its naked.) I gotta say I love the look of the bike, but at 60 MPH the wind really beats me up. Do you guys runs windscreens or just deal with the wind?
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Some one once asked me:
    "How do you ride your bike with no windscreen?"
    My answer:
    "very fast..."

Comment

It only becomes an issue above 90. At 120 I gave up and slowed down.

Comment

I've gone over 150 mph my Honda 919 with no windscreen. My face shield was pressed TIGHT to my face and the wind pressure on chest was pretty strong. It didn't get to bad until around 130 or so.

Comment

If I wouldnt have already put effort into fixing and painting my fairings Id run naked, but I can let two weeks of body work sit on a shelf.... oh well.... maybe time for another Kat?
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

STREETfighters
            when riding on the streets you ride with up 60-70 mph, the is no wind and the winfshild is not useful

if go on the highway, well it`s a problem
            keep your head down as your chin tauches the tank and you can do 100mhp with no effort
            (if the bike is just stripped)

but my kat has higher seat and over 70 it`s a nightmare
            Live to ride,
            Ride KATANA!

Comment

Weld on a support for the windshield

Comment

I had a naked gs 500 before my kat, and on the highway I would set my feet on the passenger's pegs and lay flat across the bike. I could take all the wind that little gs pushed through laid out like that. Fastest I ever took the gs this way was just over 100.
                sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

run it naked.

Comment

A windscreen makes a world of difference...

Comment

when riding with clip-ons on my fighter the wind was killing me on the highway
                      but now with the big handlebar and more vertical position of my body
                      the wing is just passing around me,and i can ride with 150kmh with no efforts
                      when the kat was with the fairings doing that speed i had to hide behind the windshield and bent my back with gave my aches for a week
                      Live to ride,
                      Ride KATANA!

Comment

Just the opposite for me. When upright the wind kills, just hunch over a little, and I'm good till about 120ish, gets shaky from there up.

Comment

Just hang on tighter

Comment

I was not gonna ride a fighter at first, but then my testicles, that's what we men have, told me that if I did not, they would leave. I value the relationship I have with my testicles and so proceeded to rock it fighter style, I ride 35 miles to work every day on the highway, and have had the old girl to 130 without much issue. Much past that and it gets shaky and acceleration is all but non-existant. Normal traveliong speed is about 80, and I love it like a fat kid loves cake.
                            Needs an anger powered jetpack.

Comment

I started riding when very few bikes had any sort of fairing so i suppose i just got used to it up to 130 has never been a problem but over that takes a little effort & 160 is do-able for short bursts

Having said that really high speeds is not really what a fighter is all about for me, its more to do with acceleration, razzing about taking the micky out of sport bike riders & making full use of the leverage afforded by decent (comfortable for me) wide higher bars

tone
                              Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
                              X