X

Blow it up make it a fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blow it up make it a fighter

I bought my kat last year and 3 days after i got it the timing chain jumped and bad things happened. I picked up another motor, stripped it down to the frame and started all over. I was going to keep the fairings on and make the bike all flat black and chrome. I was in the process of doing the body work and repairing cracked fairings when I came across the streetfighter forum. I loved the look of the fighters and hate body work so it was a done deal. I plan on adding a buell xb9 headlight, I just threw on the stock one so I can ride in the meantime. I know the tail is weak I just mounted the stock taillight behind the seat. Anyone have any good suggestions? I also wondered what everyone thinks of the gauge placement. I didn't really want to go the bicycle speedo route.
    Attached Files

blown bike is not the reason to make a fighter
    however, i always welcome a new fighter

chop it a bit, make it fit your taste and go out to show the shiny stock bikes what custom fighter means
    Live to ride,
    Ride KATANA!

Comment

Originally posted by chemomche View Post
      blown bike is not the reason to make a fighter
      however
      I agree . Howvever , sometimes it CAN be the cheap/easy way out ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hrm... all this time I thought the reason to make a fighter was...

"cause I wanted it!"....

Didn't know it had to be more significant than that.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Hrm... all this time I thought the reason to make a fighter was...

"cause I wanted it!"....

Didn't know it had to be more significant than that.

Krey
          You've got that right!!! Looks cool to me, though that tail section is short!!! Watch your arse!

Comment

I like the gauge placement, but is that mirror even functional?
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

The guage placement seems like it would be awkward to me. I don't think i would like having to take your eyes off the road to look so far down then side to side to see them when traveling down the highway in traffic, but then again if you're just going with the flow of heavy traffic, or railing a canyon there's not really much need to watch the speedo or tach anyways.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

I've never been a streetfighter fan but to each his own. Have fun with the build, that's the best part.
                sigpic

Comment

Actually a broken bike is THE reason to make a street fighter.,. No shame in that.
                  It's a proud tradition.. Just not in the Eastern Bloc I guess.

Comment

i like it!
                    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                    k9 GSX-R 600
                    GO VOLS!

Comment

I just got the mirror I haven't gone for a ride with it yet. It doesn't look like I'm going to be seeing much though. My grips cover the bar ends so I couldn't find anything else that would fit.

Comment

i have similar mirror,but attached it to the frame(the place you attached the gauges)
                        it`s pretty useful
                        Live to ride,
                        Ride KATANA!

Comment

I modified one of the stock Kat mirrors to mount on the front (where the front frame cross member bolts to)

Comment

do you have a pic of that mirror mod? I went for a ride today and I can actually see if there is a car behind me but it's not much of a view. I also found out 2nd gear is shot in my new motor.

Comment

No, I dont have any pictures.. I was inspired by the goose..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X