• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rid of the gages and get a viper set up. Small all the info
    and only $159.
    TimT794

Comment

im with chemomche, too many people thing of fighters as simply a cheep way out. its not.

fighters are about taking something stock and quite frankly boring and transforming them into what you want from a bike.

good handling
      awsome performance
      sharp looks
      ability to turn heads and scare the pension outa grannies

sigpic

'89 CBR600 Build.... will stop cutting stuff off one day.....
      '90 gsx600f ride.... looks boring.... will do for now....

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
        I've never been a streetfighter fan but to each his own. Have fun with the build, that's the best part.

Comment

Street fighter elitists

Mine looks more busted up than yours!
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I believe streetfighters started with people wrecking their ss bikes. Things have changed, though. The terms "streetfighter", "rat bike", "bobber", "cafe", etc have all changed. Define your bike how you want. I call mine a fighter, but really I don't have the requisite dirt bike bars, or the big round headlights. Maybe that makes it more a cafe, because of the riding position. Maybe it's a bobber, since I've selectively taken parts off of it. Maybe I'll camo it or paint it flat black and then it will be a rat bike. No point to this post, just throwing my 2 peso's in.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I think it's pretty bad***. I enjoy what you've done to the tail section. Round headlight(s) will round off the look.

Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                I believe streetfighters started with people wrecking their ss bikes. Things have changed, though. The terms "streetfighter", "rat bike", "bobber", "cafe", etc have all changed. Define your bike how you want. I call mine a fighter, but really I don't have the requisite dirt bike bars, or the big round headlights. Maybe that makes it more a cafe, because of the riding position. Maybe it's a bobber, since I've selectively taken parts off of it. Maybe I'll camo it or paint it flat black and then it will be a rat bike. No point to this post, just throwing my 2 peso's in.
                Could just call it "my POS" , like I do mine .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Timt794 View Post
                  Get rid of the gages and get a viper set up. Small all the info
                  and only $159.
                  Tim, can you post a link for the viper setup? Thanks

Originally posted by mcgirt22 View Post
                  I just got the mirror I haven't gone for a ride with it yet. It doesn't look like I'm going to be seeing much though. My grips cover the bar ends so I couldn't find anything else that would fit.
                  Can you show a pic with more detail on the gauges and how you mounted the headlight? Bike looks really cool and I am in a similar project. All the pics help me a lot.
                  Last edited by noodle; 09-16-2009, 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Cool concept

I finished painting my tank and front fender, and considered leaving the bike like that...it looks kinda cool to have a shiny tank contrasted with what can best be described as an industrial mess, not intended by the mfg to be publicly visible. I thought about going to a junk yard, picking up a busted muffler, pounding its insides out and creating a custom ram air system. Then add mesh and some scrap metal to finish it. Definitely get some WTF looks with that.

Speaking of which does it make sense to create a ram air system for the Katanas? I've figured out how to do it, but not whether it would be worthwhile performance wise.
                    Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Has anything happened with this bike?

Comment

Fighter build

Originally posted by noodle View Post
                        Tim, can you post a link for the viper setup? Thanks

Can you show a pic with more detail on the gauges and how you mounted the headlight? Bike looks really cool and I am in a similar project. All the pics help me a lot.
                        I think he means vapor? They make digital gauges. So, do those plug right into katana electrics?

Bike looks great man!

Comment

I like the rear seat idea. I was thinking about this and now seeing I am defiantely doing this.

Comment

Working...
                          X