X

Budget rebuild

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget rebuild

Iv'e had my 98 katana for a while now. it was my first bike and my cousin wrecked it while I was out of town about 2 1/2 years ago on a gravel road. Still haven't been paid back.

Anyway sold my CBR last fall to pay for school and Now I'm back to the first bike.

I'll have to dig up some pictures from after the wreck but it wasnt too bad. alot of plastic damage, clutch cover plate, and one of the plates on the other side of the motor, plus 2 years of sitting with old fuel. Got it to start about 2 months ago. (a little inspiration).

Yanked the plastics, bobbed the tail.... in the middle of buying carpet this month my fiance lost my seat. (I had used the stock seat but removed about 9 inches from the middle and had it in my truck to get recovered, about 6 hours of work shaping that damn thing).

So as it sits now mods are.
    Shortened, hollowed and repacked stock exhaust.
    86 gsxr cams (yeah not the best year but they were 15$)
    playing with jets right now. Not sure how I feel about pods but I bought em, figure why not try.
    Smooshed my hand putting a 165 rear on (but it looks better)
    Trying to find a good buy on a rear spoket and chain or a 520 kit want to go up about 3 teeth
    Acerbis front headlight, also have some other options.
    prolly forgot some little things that I changed
    I'll throw up some pics as soon as I find em to make up for my rambling story
    Last edited by mr_aj_johnson; 05-07-2009, 10:40 AM.
    Greetings from the Land of milk and Honey – well yes... and Lego...

Originally posted by mr_aj_johnson View Post
    Smooshed a 165 rear on
    what?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

lol. meant smooshed my fingers putting on a 165 rear at the shop. From now on someone else can do that for me

Comment

Rode the bike for the first time yesterday. Got all the wiring buttoned up. Need to install a brake light and mirrors to be able to ride legally. Trying to fiddle with the jet kit a bit. Did not install pods, maybe next winter... I just want to ride.
        Trying to find my camera still. I have no idea what my fiance did with it, but I promise I will have pics soon.

Comment

Bring on the jpegs!

Comment

It's hard to
            throw up some
            pics without eating them first.

Forgive me I am way too tired, and I just wanted to subscribe to this thread.

Comment

A little update.

Seat is getting recovered. I found some pics of how it started up till last september.

How it looked after 2 years of sitting. Bike was low sided on a gravel road, caught a pothole then flipped somehow and got the other side and the nose. (at least that is the story my cousin tells)

What happens when your chain takes a vacation

getting ready to shorten the tail!

crap can someone resise those a bit?

How the bike looked after two weeks. (I really dont have a lot of time to spend on it)

Wires need to go somewhere...

starting her diet.

just a few hours worth of work later and wa la.
              This is how the bike stayed most of the winter. I moved it to my parents shop about a month and a half ago. where i spend maybe three hours a week tinkering with it.
              I need to get updated pics.
              Last edited by mr_aj_johnson; 05-15-2009, 10:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Do you have a bigger picture? LOL JK - Looking good!
                THE DOC
                RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                mistake when you make it again.
                sigpic

Comment

nice

Comment

Sorry no pics. cant find the cord to the camera. will update as soon as I find it. the bike is nearing being rideable. I bought my first house in april and progress has been slow. Popped on to update but I cant find the stupid cable.

Seat needs to be finished and covered and the brake light needs to be hung but she is almost there. Running a bit rich but I wont fix that till I can get a real "butt dyno" feel. (hey better rich than lean right. Plugs are cheaper than pistons)

Comment

looking good so far

Comment

Working...
                      X