Looking for a "different" front fender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a "different" front fender

Hey All,
    I haven't posted here much as the bike that I am working on is not a Kat, but I am using a lot of Kat parts on it, like the full front end.
    Basically, I am building a nice, naked, street fighter bike. The '89 kat 600 that has gladly donated many a part, just has a really ugly front fender. I've looked around a bit for different fenders, but I just come up with that same ugly front fender everywhere.
    Does anyone know of a bolt-on fender that is much smaller (more of a wheel hugger, than a hider) that I could use?

Originally posted by KB02 View Post
    Hey All,
    I haven't posted here much as the bike that I am working on is not a Kat, but I am using a lot of Kat parts on it, like the full front end.
    Basically, I am building a nice, naked, street fighter bike. The '89 kat 600 that has gladly donated many a part, just has a really ugly front fender. I've looked around a bit for different fenders, but I just come up with that same ugly front fender everywhere.
    Does anyone know of a bolt-on fender that is much smaller (more of a wheel hugger, than a hider) that I could use?

Cut the one you have down. Here is the one I'll be putting on my bike when paint is done.

That was a stock kat front fender. Since the mounting for it is all on the top and center, you can just cut all you want around the sides.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I used a Bandit fender on mine. I had to do some modification to the mounting bracket for it but it worked after a lil metal trim job.

Comment

I used a Bandit front fender with a superbrace. You've gotta use a 98-06 steering stem a top triple tree though.

Comment

I cut mine like Krey did, way back. I want to cut it even more..

I think the early GSX-R one might work. 80's GSXR that is.

Comment

That's more like what I'm looking for. Very nice. Thanks.

And I'll check out the Gixer's fenders, too.

Comment

one off a gs500 will fit the pre's, here is a pick of mine on a 96 750 kat front end, I like that it is more anguler, not as big and rounded

direct fit, bolts onto your stock fork brace, that's what I did
              Last edited by jeremy_nash; 06-01-2009, 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              89 gs500e, k&n air filter, sv650 rear wheel swap, gsxr rear shock, 06 tank and bodywork, sv650 tail swap,

93 kat 750 v&h ssr2 full exhaust, 99 katana front wheel, a 180/55 on stock rim, post controls, heated grips

Comment

I ended up cutting the fender down like Krylyn and Black Peter did.
                Came out rather nice, surprisingly enough. I've got all my peices andd parts back from powder coatin, so I should be getting the bike together soon. Finding time is the only thing holding me back.

Comment

im liking the cut look.

Comment

That gs one looks good.. I've also wanted to put an 1100 one on.
                    I invite you to church.

Comment

Originally posted by zumbo View Post
                      im liking the cut look.
                      All the body work is going to be painted red (at least that is the current plan). Here it is as it stands right now (minus exhaust):

The Fender came out pretty good. Granted it is all black, so when it's painted I'm sure it look a bit different.

Comment

looking good love the old school fighters
                        1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

i cut my stock one too

Comment

DUDE WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT RUN WITH OUT FRONT FENDER it SUCKS BAD... i AM BECAUSE i MEASURED ONCE AND CUT TWICE AND MESSED MY FENDER UP... sO MEASURE AND MEASURE AND MAKE A COUPLE MOCK UPS FIRST OUT OF CARDBOARD

Comment

Working...
                            X