Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have to agree ,it does look good purple wheel or not
    its 1973 ,almost dinner time ,i'm having hoops

Comment

i partially haven't painted anything on the bike because all i get is, "all it needs is matt blacking" ...

but primarily because i built it out of bits i collected intending to strip it back down and pretty it up with satin and gloss black, but once i got it to the rideable stage i stood back and looked at it and felt it had it's own "attitude" being multicoloured (notice the correct spelling of colour )....

the only bit i painted was the front mudguard (correct name as well, fenders hang off boats ) due to the black paint being .5mm thick and peeling, it's now a nice grey primer ...

the main bonus about it being multicoloured and looking unloved is no-one looks at it as desireable so i don't have to overly worry about it being stolen :mrgreen:

p.s.
      Gib, i carried my mot and insurance doc's for just the occaision that i would get pulled so that if the cop decided to try and get funny i could produce them there and then, which i did the moment he started radioing me thru ...
      in doing so i stuck another pin in his balloon of self importance :mrgreen:
      Last edited by NiteMare; 11-23-2008, 08:08 PM.
      it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

i think i'll start carrying my documents just in case once i'm back on the road

Comment

Hey Gib3000, what can I say that's not been said? Nothing it's brilliant!! I would love to see how it finished up if you now have photos. All the best and ride safe

Comment

a fellow scot -howdy

Comment

Hi Gib, Howdy?? you've been on here too long.
              How's it going? Where abouts are you from mate? I'm in Morayshire, Elgin to be exact.

Just about to cut up my 95 600 but would love to see the final result with your bike as I like the storage as I like to travel rough and ready and I see you did plan cutting your rear subframe, storage and badass looks suits me. Any pics even of how the boxs' are mounted or what the box's are, ie detachable or not?

Right that will be enough for now I can hear a tin of Tennents shouting for help from the fridge

Hope to speak soon bud take it easy.... Barry

Comment

Nice work.
                FROM WORK:
                "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

hey barry -i'm in sunny ayrshire, sorry thats a lie its bloody freezing !!
                  i have now chopped off the frame at rear of front seat and mounted an ammo box right behind the front seat.number plate is mounted to the bottom of this at an angle. it acts as a kind of mudgard(fender to everyone from usa ) well thats the theory as its yet to be tested due to the snow. will get some pics uploaded over weekend providing its dry enough to get some photos taken. . whole bike and engine still to get the matt (flat ) black treatment when weather picks up.so that'll be june!!! .want some upright bars on the front as well but have to wait untill funds allow. new lcd telly and xbox 360 are calling. (hope wife dont read this)

Comment

Hi Gib, aye it's still bloody chilly up here aswell, hence I've done nothing I'll look forward to seeing the pics when you get a chance it sounds pretty cool. I'm still not a 100% yet on what i'm doing so it is still whole other than having cut of rear passenger peg hangers, but back end is definatley getting cut up when I decide the shape I'm after. Take care for now and I hope you enjoy the X-box on the big LCD

Comment

5 mins with a cheap hacksaw will cut off the back end -its only scary until youve made the fist cut then its too late to worry !

barry -i forgot to say that the front boxes are ammo boxes bolted on to meatal strips that were spot welded to the frame- that simple-i dont do complicated !
                      Last edited by gib3000; 12-04-2008, 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

heres a couple of pics of the bike when i did a trial run prior to painting and mounting indicatrors and rear light
                        Attached Files

Comment

still not got any photos taken -its either been ****ing with rain or i've beeen working- did get round to fitting the stereo. however no more headphones !!

Comment

Working...
                          X