Carburettor Conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburettor Conversion

Hi to you all,

I hope I am in the right section to post this thread.

I have a 1998 GSX 750F that I purchased as a doner for my build. The motorcycle has laid up in a field for 4 years, exposed to the kindness of the British weather. The carbs are excessively corroded and they require vapour blasting. The vapour blaster has asked me to strip the carbs down to the bare units, removing all jets and butterflies etc. In doing so I have damaged the butterfly holders and their threads. I can repair everything but I have a set of CVK 40mm carbs from a Kawasaki ZX11 in far better condition. My question is can anyone see a problem in fitting these carbs.

Thanks in advance for any replies

They are too big. You would need to get large boots to get them fitted and ( I don’t have a 750, just guessing) you’d have a large port mismatch. Plus, I don’t think you’d be able to tune it to run on the street.
    I have a gsx1100f ( stock 34mm carbs)and those 40mm carbs would be too much for my bike, I can’t imagine them on a gsx750.

Comment

Hi D Clark,

really appreciate your advise, I will just fix the ones I have or buy a set on EBay.

thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X