No announcement yet.
X

Teks work thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you going to post a lot of picture of the guy you're paying to swap your engine work on your bike? Are you going to document the engine work the guy you're paying told you he did? Are you going to post a lot of pictures of your step mom's brother's, cousin welding shit together? Or are you just going to keep claiming YOU'RE "building" the fastest Katana in the world? Cause that's what you've been doing for the past few months and I got to tell you. People have been nice, and following you're progress, but your stupid posts are getting old man... just sayin' Just to add, if I gave a flying fuck about 1/4 mile times, I wouldn't be into motorcycles. Also, HERE is far more engine build information than you've come close to giving.
    Last edited by arsenic; 12-29-2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• I found these to be informative.
      1st, there are some adjustable pre-98 lowering links after all...1-4 inches...lol...hell yeah ! I think I've seen a guy or two ask if these existed.

Adjustable Motorcycle Lowering Link Kit, Adjustable Kickstand, Front Lowering Kit, Discount Combo Kits!

Then that drag bike, I like the way that front fender was cut and that paint job...pretty !
      Etc...etc...etc...blah, blah, blah Thanks for the info Xjunker !

Hey Tek, there are some guys here on the forum that go by the names suzukiray and loudnlow7484. They're into drag racing for sure.
      Read some of their old threads to see what you can find.
      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

• Originally posted by katanarider View Post
        I found these to be informa
        1st, there are some adjustable pre-98 lowering links After all...1-4 inches...lol...hell yeah ! I think I've seen a guy or two ask if these existed.

Adjustable Motorcycle Lowering Link Kit, Adjustable Kickstand, Front Lowering Kit, Discount Combo Kits!

Then that drag bike, I like the way that front fender was cut and that paint job...pretty !

Hey Tek, there are some guys here on the forum that go by the names suzukiray and loudnlow7484. They're into drag racing for sure.

I did pass them off when I shouldn't have.

I purchased and installed those lowering links, they are pretty good quality.

I have mine set at 1" lower. The R6 shock adds another 3/4" lower.

Ill be sure to look up there builds. I have quite a bit of information in my build thread on custom fighters (signature) but I will definitely have to update it with better details

Thank you

Also , im not saying in any way that I have the world's fastest na pre gsx750f. Nor am I trying to build that. Ive allready stated my goals for my build. Its my build not Necessarily because i custom Fabricated every single piece and physically installed it my self but its my build because I choose to make my bike this way. I have all ready stated in my build thread that I will not be handling any engine performance modifications.
        Last edited by Tekgnome; 12-29-2015, 06:13 PM.
        Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
        The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

• Originally posted by katanarider View Post
          I found these to be informative.
          1st, there are some adjustable pre-98 lowering links after all...1-4 inches...lol...hell yeah ! I think I've seen a guy or two ask if these existed.

Cintidude04 has a bad ass motored streetfighter also
          In teknomes defense, not many here do engine work, or will even try to do engine work. Arsenic is a qualified mechanic that can do major engine work. I'll go as far as I can, machining is someone else's job. I can do the rest....if not I can and will research and learn to do what I want done.
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-29-2015, 09:09 PM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            Cintidude04 has a bad ass motored streetfighter also
            In teknomes defense, not many here do engine work, or will even try to do engine work. Arsenic is a qualified mechanic that can do major engine work. I'll go as far as I can, machining is someone else's job. I can do the rest....if not I can and will research and learn to do what I want done.
            I can do minor work, replacing gaskets, changing oil, replacing coil packs, sprockets. I'm very comfortable working with body work. ABS Cement or bondo and a hand sander can go a long way. I plan to do the body work my self, I have plans to swap a 2006-2009-2012 FZ1 Yamaha Front headlight assembly to my kat. We have steel baler wire at work which I can use to make a skeleton off the tank and flush mount the assembly. Some bondo and a electric sander should fill in the skeleton as well as remove a couple of dents from the tank.

I can do simple stuff like fabricate mounts and machine bushings like what I did for my R6 shock. I'm just not comfortable working on my engine right now, if i mess up the body work it will just look like crap. If i mess up the engine im out all the money in parts.

I'm not claiming that i'm doing any thing I haven't done. Pro Stock Performance and Dyno will have ALL the credit for doing the work. Ive let them have the lead in deciding where to take the engine based on my budget, time constraints, and HP goals. Later in my life(if I dont wreck, in which case you called dibbs on my engine ) I'll have a proper garage, tools, and time to learn how to build an engine my self but right now it isn't feasible.

Maybe if I was a mechanic who actually knew what I was doing I could buy a gsx600f and turbo it and make the best pre katana ever ahh joking

I'm still learning and i'll continue to learn, we all have to start from somewhere. Worst case senerio I completely ruin my katana it its forever a drag toy, its ok I can always buy a different bike.
            The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

• Originally posted by Tekgnome View Post
              I can do simple stuff like ... machine bushings like what I did for my R6 shock.
              Worst case senerio I completely ruin my katana it its forever a drag toy, its ok I can always buy a different bike.
              Do you have a lathe to make bushings ? Just wondering how that is accomplished other wise.
              AND
              It must be nice, to be able to say...oh, I'll just buy another bike. lol
              The whole reason I have a Katana is because it was the cheapest thing I could find. Turned out to be worth my wild tho

Comment

• Ive got a whole maintenance shop full of tools I can use. But I dont know how to use half of em.
                The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

• Good lord thats an OLD lathe

Comment

• Old or not, thats a fine piece of equipment you've got there. I like vintage, that means it was built to last unlike the junk now days. Chances are it says made in the USA too and thats rare.
                    Last edited by katanarider; 12-31-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• We have a lab of old machining equipment I can use. Drill presses, sanders, grinders, welders, ect. Im pretty sure all of the tools In our plant come from the good old USA or Germany.

Our maintenance team at work is allowing use of them but its a break it your fired scenarios, so Im careful on what i touch.
                        The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

Working...
                        X