Sundowner's GZ250 Cafe Racer LTP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundowner's GZ250 Cafe Racer LTP

Hola kids.
    After taking possession of my mom's GZ250. I started tackling some rust issues, putz on it here and there from time to time. Railed the hell out of it (at a whoppin 65 mph!!). Thought to myself: Why not have some fun with this.

I know its not a Kat. but Lately I been digging the Cafe Racer scene. and though why the hell not have a little fun with the single lunger while making the bike a little more sportier in the process.

The slate: a totally stock 2006 GZ250 in Euclase Silver Metallic (bullshizz- its friggen Baby Blue)

[IMG][/IMG]

Stock image for point of reference only

add aftermarket backrest and saddle bags.

Total dry weight: 302 lbs per suzuki's website before backrest and saddlebags.

what is to be touched:
    Paint. I hate the color. but it is also the last mod to be done.
    New headlight, clamps and turn signals front and back.
    planning on replacing the spokes with a new set and have them powder coated black before installing them.
    powder coating the exhaust header black as well, then wrapping it.
    acquiring new side covers for the engine and pc'ing them black as well.
    and the most audacious mod: move the controls from forward to mid (like the Kat) for better comfort
    replace the front brake Master cylinder with one from a post 98 kat,
    replace the clutch lever pivot assembly to one from a Katana as well- reason below
    bar end mirrors (hence the change in the above parts. they are part of the clutch and master cylinder assemblies.
    change in gearing with different front rear sprocket to obtain 70+ mph speeds.
    LED rear brake light
    and other stuff i cannot remember right now

what not to be touched (for now)
    Internal engine. it aint broke- so i am not fixing it)

what is going to be interesting is that there was a baja 250 (a chinese clone of the gz250) is that it has a centerstand. there are bolt on points on the bottom of my GZ maybe i can find a ceterstand for the bike.

I will be posting up some pics in the next few days...
    Last edited by Sundowner; 09-29-2014, 07:06 AM. Reason: link to photo not working

That sounds like a cool project! I'm not very interested in the café scene, personally, but some of them look pretty cool when they are done right.
    1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

Sub'd
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

i see no pictures. =/
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Working...
        X