X

Not a project but a repair

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a project but a repair

Well after almost 6 weeks of being grounded I think ill be able to ride today. I disassembled my carbs fully last night dipped them and replaced the float needles and seats. All i have left to do is adjust the float heights and adjust the valves and do the carb sync. Wish me luck! As its been a long repair job!
    Every time i sign in i learn something new from the members

only got one thing to say fix one thing before fixing the next or youre faced with a gazillion factors if ( when ) things dont go as planned
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Usually 24 hours is recommend for dipping FYI. Maybe I'm misreading it, but sounds like yours were in shorter than that. If you had issues with the pilot circuits being clogged they might not have had enough time to fully get cleaned out.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Not 24 hours total, 24 hours each. So that's 4 days for the bodies. Hopefully all goes well. If not, that's why.

Comment

Your correct about the dip. each was only a half hour as directed (from book i believe) Carbs were fairly clean already. Float needles were one suggestion to one of my problems so i just replaced them. Valve adjustment is a suggestion to one of the other problems, so ill be checking clearance then adjust if needed. Biggest problem was gas in oil as 92xjunker pointed out. Made bike run better but there is still a problem. So i have been going step by step that i know of.

When i put back together and there is still a problem i then will be letting them soak for the 24+ and might just get better jets too. Im thinking i might as well if im going through the carbs AGAIN.
          Last edited by miketony25; 09-03-2014, 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Gotcha yeah gas in oil is probably float related. Still, not sure how much good 30 minutes will do. Personally, if I had everything off the bike already I'd do the full 24. Might as well now before everything is all put back together. Takes care of any issues you weren't aware of (that were either masked by bigger ones or not big enough to notice yet). My .02.

Better jets = jet kit?
            Factory pro is highly recommended around here.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

if its highly recommended then factory pro it is!!!!!!!!! im just to hard headed and eager to wait another 24+ at this point. we have a bike night a strip club every Thursday and trying to make it there tomorrow at least LOL

Comment

They aren't "better jets", Factory Pro uses Mikuni jets. Therefore, they are the "same" jets

Comment

well another disappointed day in garage, valve check took the time from me. only one intake valve was out of spec. Maybe today will be the day.

Comment

Working...
                  X