Kitty kat build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitty kat build

Hi Folks

Ok picked up my kat today 91 750 in a bit of a state really it had been stolen and recovered so over here that makes it a cat c
    I'd post some pic's but not really worked out how to use this site fully yet

Anyway after a good clean started stripping some of the plastics off
    Now on the search of a lock set and a manual

Plans are usd forks and new seat unit and may be a different fairing but thats if i think it'll work as that side of the project will be the difficult part i'm sure hope to get plenty of idea's from you guy's and any input will be taken

More to come when things happen

get some pictures up!

Comment

Originally posted by e30bradley View Post
      get some pictures up!
      I will when i can work out how to

But i'll try this

Hope this works

Comment

It works, welcome aboard mate. It looks like you have the basis for a nice machine - good to hear that you're not going down the "streetfighter" route (to me at least) and are keeping it faired and pretty

Good luck with the rebuild !

Colin.
        Carpe Jugulum...
        1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Thanks Colin

Well after more stripping down today nice to see that under all the broken plastics there is a very solid and fairly rust free frame bonus

So for now not a lot more i can do as really want to fire her up before i do any more to make sure she runs right

Ordered a lock set last night as the ignition and fuel locks are both broken and i have no keys for the bike anyway a bit of research needs to be done into how to get the fuel cap off as its locked

Comment

Managed a few hours later this afternoon to get a little more done
            Fuel tank now open drilled it out easy really

Stripped headlight frame off to help get into the ignition as want to plug new one in and run her just to listen and make sure alls well

Also thought i'd got luck when a cheap set of forks came up thought best check what works best first only to find srad can fit but with a little more work shame but still a long way off want a set anyway

Comment

Mate came over yesterday for a look see at the kat close up

Well we did a little tinkering and got her running all sounded well which is good and not bad for having no keys or ignition

Mate also noticed that the engine is a dot head bonus didn't no they used them in the kat

Got plenty of idea's of what i want to do but money needed i'll get bits when i can and update

Comment

Ok so have a few things now
                Gsxr750wn swingarm and bandit 12 rear wheel busa shock and mito seat unit

So the first problem is the swingarm as the spindle or axle is 20mm and the kat is 16mm so tophat spacers needed but job done

Need to order some new bearing and a few other things then start putting things together and see what happens

Really not sure about the which dog bones to go with yet if i use the gsxr these are about an inch shorter the kat standard bones if i´ve researched right and this can be doubtful with the buse shock i should have a little rear lift may be

Any input on any of this would be greatful

Comment

nice update and pics

Comment

Originally posted by Taybiker View Post
                    nice update and pics
                    Thanks mate coming along slowly but i´m not in any rush
                    And once i got the rear sorted still have the fun of doing the front

But have a plan srad forks and bandit wheel again if research right just a bearing change and some spacers well i hope lol

Comment

Rear wheel now in for powder coating new bearing on order for swingarm and a few other bits for the rear wheel then it fitting time oh will need a tyre fitting as from reading up the problem will be the chain rubbing the tyre rim time will tell and the fun begins

Comment

Wheel back and a few other bits picked up over last week

Also got a new gel battery
                        The right hand side fairing was smashed and unsaveable kept a watch on the bay for one seen a few from time to time at around 50 quid but really wasn´t in a rush to buy then seen one at 20 quid checked pics looked good so took a punt got it yesterday bargain so for yes a few marks but mint otherwise and its getting painted anyway

Comment

Wheel's looking good now

Comment

Originally posted by Taybiker View Post
                            Wheel's looking good now
                            Thanks

Well had a hour spare this aft thought get new bearing in swingarm and see if it fits yay it goes in But wait there´s a problem

Where´s the grinder

Cut somewhere around here

Picked up another bit of the jigsaw

Now best find some rearsets as cutting away the peg mounts

Comment

Time to start cutting
                              Now you see them

Now you don´t

So does it now fit

So need a few things now to sort first fix
                              Now searching for the bits needed

Comment

Working...
                              X