X

1988 600 rebuild - engine stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 600 rebuild - engine stand

The rebuild is going well - after renovating a 1950's British bike - this seems simpler!! I attach a couple of pics of progress so far. A little bit of paintwork to touch up but I'm not going to touch the engine internals. A purchase of some later carbs from Arsenic on this site seems the way to go though. engine stand - I bought a lower engine cradle (£5) from e-bay (crudely) welded some metal underneath - instant engine stand.
    Attached Files

Congrat's for your project

Arsenic carb's its very good I run in my bike more than one year without any cleaning or adjust with Brasilian gasoline that its horrible.

What are you going to do in the engine??

Comment

I'm not going to touch the engine. It's only covered 10,000 km and appears in good shape. Compression is good, clutch plates have plenty of wear left. The only thing I haven't had a chance to check is the second gear issue - but I'm taking a chance that it's okay. I've cleaned the engine and it looks better already. The cam cover will be blasted and painted as it it has surface corrosion. I've decided to paint the frame and metal bits - I've used powder coat on other projects but will stick with paint for this one. I've found the paint codes on stickers on the headstock - some touching up but not a complete respray as it will be hard to replicate the decals etc. Thanks for carb advice.

Comment

Clever little stand you fabbed up there....
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

If engine its fine the project its easier Katanas engines its really very strong
          Keep us advised with photos I like the way that people here works at home

Comment

Working...
          X