Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Suzuki GSX 750 F very long term build....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki GSX 750 F very long term build....

Hi!

Just wondered to post a little story of my bike and conclude what has been done so far. I have also future plans for it, but those I keep as a secret.

Lots of pictures. Picture says more than 1000 words. So bike is a 1994 Suzuki GSX 750 F and I bought it in July 2011. It had only 23400km (14540miles) on the clock. Got it pretty cheap, because PO had layed it down as a result it had been mostly sitting in garage. As a result of the little incident front wheel was changed, lower fairing was gone, some scrapes on right fairings and mirror and the whole exhaust was changed to another orginal (got the damaged one also in addition).

How she was when bought:

I soon found silver rear wheel and lower fairing. I also painted the fairing black pretty soon.

I found really, I mean really cheaply KAPPA rearbox and bracket which I installed in the last days of driving. This is how it looked after first summer.

Winter 2011-2012
    Installed grip heaters (very comfortable when cold), emptied the stock cans and installed perforated tube and silencer wool inside. By "assdyno" it worked little better and sounded also better. This is what I "found" inside stock cans. (Arrow shows how exhaust gases went through.)

How it sounded.
    http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/Ih..._3664.mp4.html

Also tried to get gear position indicator on the bike, but my circuit board failed miserable, so it wasn't until this winter I had motivation to make it finally work. (GS gear switch was 2 summers on the bike in vain)
    I installed Factory pro jetkit because exhaust modifications.

Next summer (2012) was pretty much only riding. I did change windscreen to a taller one.

Next winter (2012-2013) changed sprockets and chain. Went 2 tooth up at front. Runs ~1000rpm lower -> much nicer on the road. Found silver front wheel very cheap, good orginal paint and straight. Basic spring service.

Summer 2013:

Riding to work and back, some fun riding and little trips. Biggest appearance mode so far. Made the 600 tail swap. Bought taillight, handlebar, seats and some small stuff. Side fairings had to order from UK. Sanded down and painted with rattle can.

Winter 2013-2014:

Remade all the brakes, installed fatbar handlebar, SS brake lines, 1200 bandit full exhaust with Viper can, oil temp gauge, bandit 600 oil pan&pickup. Small budget headlight upgrade, gear indigator, re-fitted luggage box. Still need to find new mirrors, because I can only see my fists from originals.

Gear indicator in action. It shows 8 between gears when stationary, but when moving there should be no such thing. Phone mic is terrible, so bike sounds terrible.
    http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/Ih...510-1.mp4.html

In total I have ridden about 11000km (6800miles) with this bike. I have joked to my friends that I will never sell this bike. I will go to grave with this one, but hopefully not because of it.
    Now I'm just pretty much waiting for summer so I can get back on the bike

Janne K
    Suzuki GSX 750 F -94
    - Custom turbo build
    - On going forever project...
    +Suzuki SV1000S -03 for road
    +Suzuki GSX-R 600 k6 for track

Congratulation for the bike and for maintenance.
    I have the same felling with my Katana I'll never sell her "easy" maintenance, confiable engine and more power than a lot of 600 naked models that sells here in Brasil

Comment

I've "joked" that if it ever comes to the point the bike won't run/ride any more, I'd mount my kat over the fireplace mantle before I sold it. It's not as much of a joke as my wife would like to think.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Nicely done.

Your a true Kat lover.
        Blackdog
        DRz-400e plated
        Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

How the front looks

Took it outside to idle a bit, and took some photos. Here you can see how the front light looks now. I think it looks much better than original, more angry looking, but everybody is free to have their opinion of the look . Friend of mine said that it looks like a cheese snack. Still need to get new mirrors tho..

Cheese snack to compare:
          Suzuki GSX 750 F -94
          - Custom turbo build

Comment

I think it looks mean. What'd you use, some tape?
            - Purplehaze
            All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

my man!
              good job man! thats the way how you treat your girl
              sigpic

Comment

awesome stuff. well documented.
                Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
                Ride: 2002 750F Kat
                "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

3M automotive tape

Originally posted by Purplehaze View Post
                  I think it looks mean. What'd you use, some tape?
                  Thanks It is glossy black 3M automotive tape, same tape is used to tape logos & commercials etc. on cars.. I have had same tape on my car's B&C pillars almost a year, and it still looks good as new.
                  Suzuki GSX 750 F -94
                  - Custom turbo build

Comment

First ride

Rode the bike today for the first time this year. Got the front brake and mirror problems sorted and weather was very nice, so took it on the road. What do you guys think about my new mirrors and extensions? They look little homemade but had to put that big extensions to be able to see anything, and they are surprisingly solid, not that much wobble. Bike also performed well even though it is not adjusted, just throw factory pro jetkit and bandit 1200 exhaust.

Suzuki GSX 750 F -94
                    - Custom turbo build

Comment

That acutally looks freakin' awesome.

The only problem I see now is:

With the double bubble, it looks good with the mirrors
                      With the mirrors, it looks good with the double bubble.

Without either, I'm not sure *I* (at the very least) would appreciate the look of that Kat.
                      - Purplehaze

Comment

Some **shole did this to my bike

Some di**head mot**rfu**er did this to my bike this weekend.

There is actually two screws, and the other one is cut so you can just see the end of it.

It was parked here and it still stays there, can't move it anywhere. Called the insurance company and they told that somebody will be in touch, but didn't know when. Pisses me of to have a bike just sitting there and waiting for somebody to come take a look and give a suggestion on how much money will I get from them, but my deductible (that's what google translate suggested for that word) is 200€, so even if they compensate all three locks, it is still going to be paid from my own pocket. Don't want to try and pull them out incase the insurance company needs to actually see the vandalism with their own eyes.

During weekend I had to start the bike in the middle of the night to get to work, so probably somebody didn't like that and decided to do something to it.

PS. Does a post lock set fit pre, I can find a used post lock set quite cheap and quite locally, if not, I have to order used pre ones from abroad.
                        Suzuki GSX 750 F -94
                        - Custom turbo build

Comment

Wow. What the ****.

I'd be livid if someone did that to my bike. WHY would someone do that. I hate people sometimes man.
                          - Purplehaze

Comment

Nice

Quick question why the tail swap did u just like the 600 more

Comment

I'm lucky I always keep mine in the garage but carry 3 locks with me for
                              helmet( shoei ) and wheel locks.
                              Sorry to hear some ***hole screwed up your bike!!!
                              Hopefully it will be fixed soon/

Comment

Working...
                              X