X

Custom Restoration:1988 Katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Restoration:1988 Katana 600

alright so i bought my first bike a few months ago, it's an '88 Katana 600 and it had been dropped twice, once on each side. But it runs, only problems are that it's a little banged up (which i can fix) and the clutch slips when you hold the throttle wide open after about 7000 rpm, idk what that could be. Also, i really want a dual headlight for it but i cant find one. any help on those 2 problems would be awesome, thanks

ill post pics soon

Wagner plastics made one, not sure if it still does. If your creative, you can retro a light in, as I have done. Clutch slipping could be; worn clutch, needs adjustment or incorrect motor oil in use.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-18-2013, 01:46 AM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1, most common cause seems to be someone using car oil instead of motorcycle oil. If you don't know what got put it or exactly how long ago it was done, I'd recommend changing the oil anyways. If it's out if adjustment, go to the wiki, download the service manual, and follow the instructions on it - it's pretty easy. My first time took maybe 30 minutes. Most of which was running back and forth from the computer to the bike to make sure I was doing the right thing. How many miles on iit? Was it the previous owners (or your) first bike? Someone learning manual transmissions on it could have burned the clutch. Start with and oil change and adjustment and don't swear it unless it persists afterwards - you'll have narrowed it down to a worn clutch. There's help here for that too.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

If it's an '88 that's been rode hard and put away wet, it probably needs steels and fibers.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
        X