X

No title 91? Gsx600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No title 91? Gsx600f

Okay I just got this girl home the other night. I didn't pay anything for her, PO says that she ran until he droped it and now will only turn with no start. I'm missing the air box, I think there are a few things missing from the tank, the line to left disk on front wheel is cut and there are some wires that are cut.
    Where the hell do I start on this thing? I'm mechanically inclined buti am not a mechanic. I want to get her up and running and I am at a loss of where to start. I will post some pics once I get them uploaded.

How about a manual? Good place to start. Then the wiring, a good carb cleaning, have the battery tested- kats don't like weak batteries, then try to start- it will idle without the airbox but, your going to need it to run correctly with an OEM type filter. No fuel filters. Inspect the tank for rust. Once running then tackle the other stuff. Manual available for download below, top one is for for bike.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-10-2013, 07:58 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

No fuel filters?

Comment

It's a 91 - no fuel filters in OEM spec. I will bet cash that Suzuki's engineers knew what they were doing

Comment

Cool thanks, I was looking at the harness and it wa spliced in many places and all taped together and was a complete and total mess so I removed the harness. I'll be replacing it. I downloaded a service manual the other day. I'm actually moving my PC to the garage for easy reading while I'm working on the thing. The PO has another one in better shape with a title that I'm in the process of buying now, my goal is two running kats. The only hindrance I'm thinking is that I cannot fully read the vin # on the no title one sitting in my garage. Any ideas?
          Thanks for the response.

Comment

I shouild have a air box and a brake hose in my parts and probaly some other stuff let me know what u need and I'll let u know what I have
            YES I did just kick your car door in for almost killing me.i bet next time you get into your car you will rember to look out for bikes

Comment

As far as the vin, if its difficult to read on the tag thats adhered to the frame, its stamped on the tube at the very front (the name of the damn thing escapes me now). If the bike belonged to the po, have him/her get a replacement title and transfer that to you. If not, some notary/title places can get you the po's info. It cost me about $12 for them to run the search. I had a name and address in 5 min. Ofcourse, now im waitinv for the dingus to get back to me after mailing him a letter and emailing him via FB. Failing that, you can then petition the courts to transfer the title to you.This is how it works in PA anyway. Be sure you get a bill of sale from the guy you bought it from.Best of luck!

Comment

Well I finally found the vin stamped on the steering tube and find that I cannot read all of it since some of the lettering is flush with the frame now.. And no the PO never had the title. So I'm guessing that I can just part this bike to the other that I'm actually paying for and sell the rest. Unless there is a way around this and I can get it titled as I really want to keep both.

Comment

If the VIN stamping is now flush with the frame, it's possible someone has messed with it.

Get some sandpaper or wire wool, and a highlighter marker (yellow works best) and a blacklight. LED torch blacklights are crazy cheap these days.

Gently scrub the VIN area with sandpaper, give it a quick wipe with a paper towel. Draw all over the VIN area with the highlighter, wait a few seconds and go over it all again. Wipe it once in a single direction with a paper towel. Turn the lights off, turn on your UV flashlight, and you will hopefully be able to make out the VIN from the glowing indentations

Comment

Hmmmmm, unreadable vin on the tag and the frame? Sounds fishy to me......
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

I cannot even find the tag lol. I'll try the uv and highlighter route when I get home.

Comment

Yeah, and run it through dmv
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Sounds stolen to me
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

You have a hot bike my friend get rid of it quick and beat the a$$ of the person you got it from.
                            cut wires + messed with vin + no title = stolen dont get caught with it.

be careful running it thru dmv they don't care how you got it ( and wont be-leave you anyway).
                            if you have a friend in law enforcement have them check it for you.
                            Last edited by darnellj32; 11-11-2013, 12:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What a ***** that would be. If it was it was years ago lol. The # on the motor is good. Hopefully I can get the whole vin and check with the state and see if it's clean.

Comment

Working...
                              X