Crazycraven420's Daily Driver Build..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks tenchu
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I got my rear shock swapped finally. It was quite simple really. Had my wife jack it up as I balanced it an she positioned the jack stands on either side near the foot pegs where the frame bolts together. Next removed the rear axle bolt, slipped the chain off and maneuvered the caliper up as I leaned the tire an pulled it out. Then it looked like this...

Next I removed the lower shock bolt..

Then I removed the next bolt up which is for the links to the swingarm..

Lastly was the top shock bolt..

Then it was out!

For install of the replacement shock these steps were reversed.

Next will be my carbs from Arsenic with the Factory Pro jet kit (which should be here in 2 days! ) I still have to order o-rings for the carb boots to the motor an my manometer. Probably going with the Motion Pro manometer.

Here's another pic from behind..
      Last edited by crazycraven420; 04-06-2013, 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Should of scrubbed the crap out of it.....wow thats dirty or is road build up?
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Once I got it back together an the wheel back on I turned the spring up one notch an the setting on the top of the shock (rebound?) was set at 4 an was very slow returning to height so I turned it once more an it was back at setting 1. Gave it a push on the rear again an it was much better it would spring back up faster. A bit later I took it for a short ride an it was much more responsive an smoother than the old shock but only time will tell.

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          Should of scrubbed the crap out of it.....wow thats dirty or is road build up?
          Yea its definitely dirty lol it was only sunny out..it was windy as hell an cold so I wasnt trying to be all wet. She will be getting stripped down an getting a good douche'in once I get the o-rings an carbs on. That way all that dirt an maybe spilled gas an greasy hand marks will be removed.
          Last edited by crazycraven420; 04-06-2013, 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well I got my Factory Pro carbs from Arsenic this morning I ended up getting a late start to work cuz I couldn't resist taking a few minutes to take some pics as I opened em up an check em out. So here goes..

They had paper on both ends..

Wrapped in bubble wrap..

He even put the Factory Pro instruction in a folder (after I told him to just stuff em in the box since its just 1 sheet of paper)

This picture came out crappy but they were wrapped up in bubble wrap

Finally to the good stuff if you cant tell from these pics...THEY LOOK GREAT! If it werent for a few small marks on the plastic pieces you could never tell these have been used!

Thanks Arsenic! Happy to do business! I must say if it werent for Katriders.com my bike would probably not be running an if it were it would be running like crap! All the information an help everyone shares keeps many Kats on the road im sure!

Next im getting some o-rings an my manometer to sync the carbs...once thats done ill decide whats next

Comment

Besides being packed that well, they are also insured. I don't take any chances.

Comment

Now those are some nice looking carbs right there

Comment

yea I forgot to mention that Arsenic. It definitely is worth it cuz ive got some pretty beat up packages before lol when I think of the post office I think of Jim Carrey in the beginning of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective ive been in the back of multiple post offices an it isn't pretty!

Comment

Looks good man. Glad you got it running better! If you have ever worked with real fiberglass header wrap you would know right away that the DEI stuff looks much more like carbon fiber than you think! Fiberglass header wrap is hard and ugly believe me.

Also stop messin with the stock shock and find a good deal on an R6 shock or a custom B12

ALso if you havent already the EBC sintered front pads make a very noticable difference in braking even tho i did mine with new EBC rotors and G&J brake lines.
                    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Its an awesome day when you get to open a box with a set of carbs from Arsenic! Even better the day you get to put them on! Nice work on the bike so far!
                      92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

The DEI stuff is the first header wrap ive ever used, I wondered why everyone said it was so hard

For now the stock shock was free since I had it on my parts bike but ill prolly be trying to mount the rear shock off my wrecked zx6r I picked up...have no idea of the difference yet but the ideas been rolling around.

As for the pads, I plan on braided lines an sintered pads all the way around but for now its one thing at a time haha.

BikeBandit.com finally shipped my orings an motion pro manometer so the carbs should be on soon! I hoped for this Saturday since its my birthday but that ain't happening. I think next will be a fork overhaul, I noticed the front right tube had a little oil leaking the other day.

My mother was busting my chops the other day an asking me when ill be done making repairs...I told her im not repairing it, im restoring it to a state I appreciate. She just looked at me an said..just like your father! It was good to hear . That's one thing about me..I may not have all the tools, garage or knowledge of some but the passion I have towards a machine an the desire to keep it alive is what really pleases me...

Comment

Originally posted by DocCannabis View Post
                          Its an awesome day when you get to open a box with a set of carbs from Arsenic! Even better the day you get to put them on! Nice work on the bike so far!

Comment

An yes it is Doc! Seems like ive been waiting forever for it to work out an the anticipation is killing me! Damn o-rings!

Thanks!

Comment

You could have saved alot of money making your own manometer. I drank 2 40's of old english (cuz it had an aluminum cap) and then made my own 2 port manometer, cost was 5$

All you need is 2 40's, a bottle of winshield wiper fluid some RTV and clear refirgerator tubing from lowes or homedepot. and thats it!

Forks, just get some new seals and dust covers if you reiun them. Get some 15wt fork oil (9$ a qt) and you will only need 1 qt for both forks. spend 4$ on steel 1/2" washers from homedepot to make your own spring preloads, 1 hour of time and your forks will be stiffer and respond better and will work better than new.

Dont get sintered pads for the rear, go with organic or semi metallic. You dont want to lock the rear wheel up with the sintered pads and trust me you can. I had G&J fix an issue wit the lines they made (wasnt for my year exactly but that was my fault) I sent them my original lines and they fixed the issue for free. Lines came out perfect and work great.

BTW... happy birthday!
                              Last edited by 91_gsx600F katana; 04-18-2013, 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                              fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                              55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                              R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                              Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

yea I thought about the home made manometer. I read an watched plenty of vids in it but decided ive invested enough in my carbs an bike I just wanted to do it once an right. Just my opinion.

As for the forks, im gonna get oem seals n dust boots an go to town. I was gonna rebuild the spare set ive got an just swap em but they have some rust an pitting so thats a no go. I've never worked on forks so im not sure about the washer reference...

I have semi metallic pads on the rear brakes an they kinda suck lol. But at the same time I have locked it up a couple times as is so

Right now I just want my carbs on so I can ride the bitch!! Im going thru withdrawals..I got the itch! I have my new Fly Racing helmet, joe rocket mesh jacket an Alpinestars boots ready to go next to my front door! Now UPS just needs to hurry the hell up!!

Oh..btw..Old English is the shit! I grew up on their 40's

an thanks! Got a bunch of friends comin over with booze an wood for a big ass bonfire now if only I can ride it would be perfect!
                                Last edited by crazycraven420; 04-19-2013, 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X