X

Big kat rescue phase 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big kat rescue phase 2

It's been five months since I rescued a 2000 Katana 750 from a backyard in Florida. She sat for over a year uncovered and unused. After snagging it for $600 bucks with 11k on it I knew it would take some time to get this Kat back on it's feet and ripping the jungle up again.

So here we are phase two. Phase one saw engine overhaul, new rubber and a complete rip down and repaint. Now for the trimmings on the this xmas tree.
    Check out the picture below. I would appreciate all of your input. Heres what I am thinking. I am in the powder coat phase now. I'm gonna powder coat black all the engine covers and anything else grey. The exhaust will be changed to black. The wheels will be powder coated with a cool design that you can see a sample of below.

What do you think?
    Attached Files

Update: I added Pennzoil Marne Grade fuel stabilizer and cleaner after I drained the tank. Fresh Ethanol free gas and bam she came back to life.

Comment

I like the design on the rim, but what color are you planning on doing it in?
      Also, for the black, flat or gloss? Im personally a huge fan of flat black, especially if there is a glossy finish in the area.

Bike looks great by the way.

Comment

Working...
      X