X

Darrell's Katana Monster Project.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darrell's Katana Monster Project.

Few months back I purchesed a 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 from craiglist as someone eles project bike. The guy who had owned it before me did more damage then good, but i accepted the challenge and bought the bike for just 300 dollars.

Quick list of the item that needed to be replaced:
    Wiring Harness, Starter silinod, ignition, and gas tank lock.

First things first, gotta have a decent wiring harness. Managed to picked one up on ebay for like 60 bucks, and wired it up to roar. First time i got nothing... hmm what could it be, the starter switch, the relays, a bad fuse? Broke out a test light and made sure everything was was getting power. What do you know the starter silinode was bad. Ordered the part, and called it a day. (Ill upload the more of the step by step bikes later)

A few days later i get the starter and changed her out with the old one. Second attempt went great! Im getting power and she wants to fire up at the push of a button. I happly grab the tank and mount it to the bike filled it with fresh gas, pushed in the start button and this monster roared to life! Oh and when i say roared, SHE SCREAMED! Prevoius owner connected the throttle backwards. Quick fix, went back at it. This time the bike fired up it still sounded like it was idling way to high. At first I just though mabey the bike had been siting for a while and mabey just needs to warm up. 5 mins go by still idling the same way. Oh well it just might be set that way i thought, could be jetted or something? Got on and rode it down up and down my small street. It rode out, but nothing like you would think, in nutreal its idle so high i dont even have to give it any gas to take off. Even in first Im going at least 5 miles a hour giving no throttle to it. Gotta be carb work right? Ive been told by a few people never to repair your carbs if you dont know exectly what to do. What do you guys think? I dont think it could be that hard, it doesnt really sound like anything needs to be replaced, or syncronized... Never spit or sputter, just idled high. Let me know what yall think I should do.

Read Carbs 101- in the mechanics section.
    You need to clean your pilot circuit.

Although first try and adjust the idle with the idle screw- on the left side in the hole of the fairing. Plastic black knob.Turn it to the LEFT to decrease idle speed.

Comment

+1

Comment

Hate messing with carbs, good luck

Comment

Working...
        X