X

Swimmerboy's 1994 Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimmerboy's 1994 Katana 750

Figured i'd post up here and make myself a build thread.

This will be a SLOWWW build since it's my first bike and I have lots of other toys to spend money on. lol

Anyway, here we go!

I talked to my cousin, and he convinced me to go after a Suzuki Katana as that was his first bike as well.

SO...
    I bought this 1994 Suzuki Katana 750 about 2 weeks ago with ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW TO RIDE.

I bought it knowing full well that the clutch was not operating correctly.

That is where I am at so far.

Sorry for the crappy pics!

Today I had some free time and decided to tear into the bike.

I found that I need a few things including, fork seals, air filter, fairing bolts, etc.

I removed the fairings, and seat. I had the battery on a charger while I went over the bike.

First I drained the oil and removed the clutch plate cover. Clutch plates all looked good. Picked up some new oil and a filter and did the change.

Next I downloaded the FSM and followed the instructions for adjusting the clutch.

The clutch was not working correctly, as soon as you put the bike in gear she would immediately stall.

I kept at it and eventually got the clutch to work correctly.

So with a buddy giving me a few pointers, I successfully took the bike around the small parking lot where I live.

Boy what a rush!!

I will hopefully have my permit next weekend, then I can take the bike out on the street.

I drove her 0.7 miles today and that was such a wonderfull 0.7 miles.

The bike currently has 11,695.7mi on her now.

-Brian
    Last edited by Swimmerboy; 05-12-2012, 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Congrats on the bike. I highly recommend the MSF course
    ----USMC combat vet----
    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Originally posted by bagndrag View Post
      Congrats on the bike. I highly recommend the MSF course
      Thank you!

I am going to sign up for the safety course as soon as I get my permit.

Comment

How are you doing so far?

When I hear that a street bike is someone's first bike, I have to jump in and say 'get on a dirtbike!!"

Not permanently, but to get the experience on bad roads, powersliding etc. Statistically people with dirt bike experience are much safer on street bikes, probably since some of the worst trouble you can get into on a street bike is when there is debris, rocks, gravel, ice, oil etc. on the road.

Comment

Well Done!
          I'm outa here

Comment

Congrats +1 on the MSF course

Comment

Working...
            X