No announcement yet.
X

Matt's restore/build Kat 600.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lot's of head way made today. Still no sing of the jets but tomorrow I should hear about them. Sprockets well that is all im waiting on to put her on the road! The PR'2 got mounted to day thanks to the bike shop, also talked my self in to some gloves and also got some chain wax for the new RK.

As for my exhaust, after having a few beers I cut the bracket off and moved it down and rewelded it up to the pre mount.

Still stick out a bit but I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Now this is a geto way to get both wheels off but this is all I had and wish i had a bike jack. Straps just seem to be in your way 24/7 when working. Brakes where fun to pull on the front wheel also! But got her done.

This is the way she sits right now.

And the much needed gloves!

Comment

• Hey it may be ghetto but it works haha i do the same thing as for the bike the progress is looking good
      never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
      Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
      confused katana build

Comment

• Originally posted by blitz2190 View Post
        Hey it may be ghetto but it works haha i do the same thing as for the bike the progress is looking good
        Thanks blits its been a long time coming but I can tell you I have learnd a tun and I guess that what's its about! This is all going on at the same time while I'm looking at buying my first house! Kinda stressed but this winter if I can ever get the winning bin on a house I wanna take the old 600 and tair iher down and do a rebuild and have a back up or sell it off. I like the pos head over the pre as its like adjusting honda valves and carbs seem to be getting ez'er to understand every time I play with them! Never thought I'd get this far but I'm supriseing my self every day! If Jim can get me sprockets some time next week I'm be ridding till my *** hurts all next weekend!

Comment

• Nice build and nice color you chose, probably my favorite color for paint
          Keep up the good work!

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

• Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
            Nice build and nice color you chose, probably my favorite color for paint
            Keep up the good work!

Thanks man, The color turned out nice but it might change over winter.. Lot's might change over winter if money let's me. Till then I just wanna ride till the tires fall off!

Comment

• Well BIG thank's to Jim for the sprockets. They look wicked and seem like there going to be impossible to brake.

This weekend is going to be the first time in months back on her, can't wait.

Comment

• i seen them brake/clutch levers on ebay and was thinking about getting a set do you like them???

Comment

• Originally posted by jkurzz View Post
                  i seen them brake/clutch levers on ebay and was thinking about getting a set do you like them???
                  Love them! Spent 17 bucks on them.. Not to bad, as for fitment there nice have a little play in them but its not a race bike. For feel they can be moved way out or way in, right now there set on 3 for each side and seem to sute me well. If I had to buy another set for another bike I would. My buddy with the speed tripple was looking at them and really likes them, told me to find out if they make them for his bike.

Comment

• cool i seen them a few weeks back when just surfing ebay for some parts for the kat. i like the look of them and the options of being able to customize them so much to fit your bike ill prolly get a set of them for my bike when the time comes

Comment

Working...
                    X