No announcement yet.
X

USD Forks and 17 Inch conversion 92 1100 GSXF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That just clinched it in my mind ... Thats this winters project along with a paint job ... anybody know where I can get a tail-light lens
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Do not know about a taillight lense other than on eBay, or a member might have one.

As for doing the swap, you will not regret it. If I knew she would ride like this, I would have done this years ago and spent the extra money for what would have been newer parts then....
      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Originally posted by Nut-Nut View Post
        Do not know about a taillight lense other than on eBay, or a member might have one....
        Check with Mojoe.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

looks awesome man great work! valuable pictures as well
          2001 GSX600F

Comment

Aw man, the two of you are going to cost me a lot of time and some more money now.
            Just when I thought I was done, they pull me back in...LOL
            So, you think a BUSA front end would be a better fit? I like the thought of getting the whole front like you did...for next year.
            Wow, here's a coincidence, I used to live in Balston Spa! Squid of course.

Comment

And I used to Summer in Houston...LOL

Had family there....

As for the Busa front, I think it might be. I trimmed the lower fairing and she just hits under extreme braking on bumps... so I think I will trim the fender. Get creative, you know!

The Kat is about 90 lbs heavier than the GSXR750, and the gsxr front end is lower, so the clearance just isn't there. I might swap to Busa tubes in the future if the oportunity presents itself, but I am really happy with the bike right now...even with a couple of chips on my newly painted fender...

Comment

Uhm, summering in Houston... not the best of vacation plans..LOL
                I had a little Honda Rebel 450 for the 7-8 months I was up there back in 91'.
                Real nice places to ride up till the fall when I started hitting the wet patches of leaves. The pucker factor kept me stuck to the seat real good.
                No more Hijacking.
                Did you keep the original 1100 Kat front MC and it worked with the 6 piston brakes?
                I see in a picture the brake line goes from one brake to the other over the fender. That doesn't look right to me. What's the story with that?

Comment

That's a pretty common brake line routing on newer sport bikes. Supposedly easier to bleed than our stock setup.

Just to add to the small world thing, Zapper and I have been PM-ing about the fact that we grew up not too far from each other, graduated the same year and right now he lives about 4 miles from the apartment complex where my wife lived before we got married. His wife works with someone who lives in that complex now.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

The original MC worked great with the six piston calipers...

The brake lines on the gsxr were routed that way, it never occurred to me to just run two long lines from the MC. Someone suggested it after I had ordered the lines to route as the original gsxr set up. But it works great...

Comment

One thing was not mentioned... The speedometer.
                      EDIT: Found it, two threads for same topic...
                      For those who get lost like I did, here you go > http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119871
                      Last edited by katanarider; 12-31-2014, 02:48 AM.
                      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

That's a great conversion and bloody good write up

That's what really miss from the many other bikes I've had, 17" wheels only had couple with usd's though but having had an 98 R1 I know how that felt

If I keep this (96 11F) I'll try and fo this

I hope it'll raise the seat/back end a bit...I would hope so as I don't like it low

Still a bloody heavy bike though but might hide it with this conversion

Comment

Working...
                        X