No announcement yet.
X

Un-Katchable build discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. That looks clean bud. LOVE the blue!!!
    sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
    2004 Katana 600 - Gone
    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

The tank is a stock post color I believe. It was a practically new tank I found on cl for $60. My old one was rusting inside and out.
      I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
      -Unholy m-
      Current project: Un-Katchable
      sigpic

Comment

Going to clean up the wiring harness under and around the seat next. I also have a radial m/c to replace the rectangular rear one. No improvement in rear breaking, just looks. I'll try and get before and after pics this time rather then just 'after' pics so it actually looks like I did something lol.
        I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
        -Unholy m-
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgreer23 View Post
          Going to clean up the wiring harness under and around the seat next. I also have a radial m/c to replace the rectangular rear one. No improvement in rear breaking, just looks. I'll try and get before and after pics this time rather then just 'after' pics so it actually looks like I did something lol.
          Sounds good. I forgot to get before pictures of my fuel pump and crank case cover. If I posted my progress on those, people would just think...
          sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Pics of before:

-Unholy m-
            sigpic

Comment

After:

-Unholy m-
              sigpic

Comment

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the HL in place...And in blue!
                sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

It's not on right nor is it in its final position but here are some teaser pics:

-Unholy m-
                  sigpic

Comment

It looks so, so, so...ANGRY!!!
                    sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Your not stalking me are you? I literally just put those pics up and you've already posted.
                      -Unholy m-
                      sigpic

Comment

Haha looks good. I'm guessing his emails go to his phone.. Is this going to be a full fairing bike or more of a street fighter look?

Comment

sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

You've asked me a difficult question. The answer is BOTH!! I have mixed feelings about the looks of the bike. On one hand, I like the street fighter styling with mini front fairing and aggressive looks. On the other hand, I have come to the realization that the katana is quite an ugly turd under the skin. With all that being said, I'm putting the fairing back on but it will be better then the factory looks.
                            -Unholy m-
                            sigpic

Comment

Your not stalking me are you? I literally just put those pics up and you've already posted.
                              Yes.

You've asked me a difficult question. The answer is BOTH!! I have mixed feelings about the looks of the bike. On one hand, I like the street fighter styling with mini front fairing and aggressive looks. On the other hand, I have come to the realization that the katana is quite an ugly turd under the skin. With all that being said, I'm putting the fairing back on but it will be better then the factory looks.
                              Good call!!!
                              sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                              2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Sounds exactly like what I want to do with my next Kat. Can't wait to see this

Comment

Working...
                                X