X

Un-Katchable build discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-Katchable build discussion thread

This thread is intended to discus the different aspects of my bike build thread. It will be a pool for questions, answers, ideas and constructive criticism.

The bikes name is Un-Katchable and, for now, It has a 1992 600cc frame with a 2001 750cc engine and a B-12 rear shock. Complete build pictures, to the best of my ability, are posted here; Official Un-Katchable build thread.

Stay tuned...
    Last edited by chrisgreer23; 05-01-2011, 10:58 PM.
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

In the biginning...

The bike came into my possession like this (minus the bags):

Mods done/installed:

-2001 750cc engine
    -B-12 rear shock
    -Aftermarket mirrors
    -Zero Gravity front screen
    -HID headlight bulb
    -Non stock paint job
    -Custom white gauges
    -Post controls
    -Aftermarket front and rear turn signals
    -4 into 1 down pipes
    -Scorpion exhaust
    -HEL steel braided break lines

The bike wasn't cosmetically sound, but it wasn't too far off.

My journey to VA to pick it up:

I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    sigpic

Comment

Have fun with it.
      sigpic

RIP CP
      50th Anniv R6
      95 Katana 600
      http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

That's a nice looking tuna you got there.

Comment

And then the trip from Melbourne FL to Tampa FL. High side in the rain at 40 MPH:

New parts ordered:

Finally got her home and stripped her down **gigity**

Any ideas on getting that sticker off of the right fork?
          Last edited by chrisgreer23; 05-02-2011, 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          -Unholy m-
          sigpic

Comment

Brake fluid will take it off... and since that is a non painted part, should be pretty simple.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm not getting why you have two threads, it's your business, but don't expect any help from us in keeping comments out of the other thread..

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                That's a nice looking tuna you got there.
                This tuna is the one that has been causing me "issues." Latest of all is my failed attempt at a carb sync. It helped, but the other day it dropped a cylinder while riding it home. Gonna try the sync again today.

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                I'm not getting why you have two threads, it's your business, but don't expect any help from us in keeping comments out of the other thread..
                I was trying to do what this guy is doing: http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=126655

Except I don't expect my build to be as epic as his.
                Last edited by chrisgreer23; 05-02-2011, 08:45 AM.
                -Unholy m-
                sigpic

Comment

Decided to have the suspension worked on. Going to talk to T-mod and put in an order for some USD forks, rear suspension and possibly a widened swinger. This is going to be epic!
                  -Unholy m-
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey, I remember that bike from back in the day. Wasn't that some member here like ctancec or something like that? I remember a post about him painting the needles red when he got the white gauge faces.

Comment

Yes. I bought it from ctandc in VA. I got a good deal I think. Ill actually have you do over the carbs when I get back to the states in the spring. Let me know if you have a set I can just swap with or if you need to use mine. Either way, I have the coin to make it all happen.

Unfortunately I'm planning on replacing the gauges with the post ones when I get the chance. I'm sure I can find a good home for them on here tho, as they are rare.
                      Last edited by chrisgreer23; 09-17-2011, 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      -Unholy m-
                      sigpic

Comment

Alright, eyes and ears open.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgreer23 View Post
                          Yes. I bought it from ctandc in VA. I got a good deal I think. Ill actually have you do over the carbs when I get back to the states in the spring. Let me know if you have a set I can just swap with or if you need to use mine. Either way, I have the coin to make it all happen.

Unfortunately I'm planning on replacing the gauges with the post ones when I get the chance. I'm sure I can find a good home for them on here tho, as they are rare.
                          I ALWAYS have sets of 90-97 600 carbs. I just listed a set a little bit ago. I have another one here that I just started, and another on the way. I'll have them when you're ready.
                          Okay, just read your post. It has a 2001 750 engine. So are you using pre 750 carbs or 98+ 750 carbs? I have one set of 98+ 750 and 2 pre 98 750 sets right now.
                          Last edited by arsenic; 09-17-2011, 12:56 AM.

Comment

i may sound like a sh*ty jealous critic
                            but
                            Originally posted by chrisgreer23 View Post
                            Mods done/installed:
                            -Aftermarket mirrors
                            -Non stock paint job
                            -Custom white gauges
                            -Post controls
                            -Aftermarket front and rear turn signals
                            these are no real mods for me, i i cannot understand why people keep posting such things as something very important when they list them just to make the mod list longer
                            -aftermarket mirrors - yep, they may be "aftermarket", but it is because the OEM are broken or more expensive than the aftm ones(oem are really ugly however)
                            - "non stock" paint job - sounds really cool, isn`t it, but in other words you have re-painted you bike
                            - custom white gauges - what makes them custom, why not just "white gauges"?
                            - post controls- and what?this make it run faster or you can turn on the signals faster or easier?what was the purpuse ot this "mod"
                            - afm turn signals - well done, it is really pretty to have them, isn`i it

I will say it again, i do not want to critiseze you or say something bed for you bike
                            but i cannot understand why everybody does this stupid mod list with "aftermarket" or"custom"
                            mods

my chair was missing 2 bolts, i found 2 in my garage
                            now the mods installed on my chair are:
                            - aftermarket 6mm bolts
                            looks nice, ah?

and as an advise - put you money in really important thing - brakes, tires, suspension....amd driving skills
                            Live to ride,
                            Ride KATANA!

Comment

Originally posted by chemomche View Post
                              - custom white gauges - what makes them custom, why not just "white gauges"?
                              Try to find a set of white gauge faces for a pre 98. I know three people that have them. Him, me, and Jax.

Comment

Working...
                              X