X

chrisgreer23's future ride.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisgreer23's future ride.....

I've decided to revamp this thread. It started out as a complete build from scratch, but I have come across a complete Kat while I was in the process of sourcing parts. SO….

Here is what I (will soon) have to work with:

What I’ve purchased so far:

-Throttlemeister heavy bar ends

This is what I want to do:

-USD forks (most likely from a 02-05 GSXR)
    -Custom carbon fiber fender to go with the forks.
    -Custom carbon fiber farings.
    Last edited by chrisgreer23; 11-13-2010, 10:30 AM.
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

Oh and you might want to add that the tools i told you i have are up here. I have 2 full 6 foot tall tool boxes packed with stuff. This will be a fun project for the both of us.
    Originally posted by chrisgreer23
    Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
    2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
    1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
    2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
    1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

Just make sure the frame has good paper- Florida is totally anal on Clean titles.
      Salvage Titles, rebuild titles are crap shoots really. I been down this road already.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundowner View Post
        Just make sure the frame has good paper- Florida is totally anal on Clean titles.
        Salvage Titles, rebuild titles are crap shoots really. I been down this road already.
        The frame has a bill of sale only. Think that could be a road bump?
        I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
        -Unholy m-
        sigpic

Comment

Yes...

Comment

Can't you get the frame re-registered with whatever America's equivalent of the DVLA is? We have something called a MSVA test that basically makes sure that an old frame is fit for re-use in a new build bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
              Can't you get the frame re-registered with whatever America's equivalent of the DVLA is? We have something called a MSVA test that basically makes sure that an old frame is fit for re-use in a new build bike.
              Each state sets it's own rules on titling and insurance. Some states don't even issue vehicle titles on motorcycles, just registrations.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I would definately make sure you have a clear/clean title for the frame before using it. If your going to be doing the streetfighter /custom body... then it shouldn't be an issue with using either a 600 or 750 frame... that would open your options some.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  Each state sets it's own rules on titling and insurance. Some states don't even issue vehicle titles on motorcycles, just registrations.
                  Must get confusing if the rules change around depending on which part of the country you're in

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
                    Must get confusing if the rules change around depending on which part of the country you're in
                    You don't know the half of it... and some states won't accept documents from other states etc.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I've found a "Application for duplicate title certificate." Pluss my aunt does title work in the state of Florida. She will be able to help me out. There is also an old astro van abandon near where I live. Been meaning to ask her to get me a title for that thing as well.
                      -Unholy m-
                      sigpic

Comment

Just spoke to my Aunt and she said it would just be $85. She will do the search once I get the VIN to her. I love having hookups
                        -Unholy m-
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey if it works it works- One of mine was a bill of sale only and The state was having none of that crap- since in FL the title doubles as the Bill of Sale.

Good Luck

Originally posted by Waltari
                          When I moved to California, the DMV wouldn't accept my Virginia Drivers License as a valid form of ID??????

Or the Corner Quikie mart wouldn't take my Govt Issue Military ID as form of ID- I about went off Jack Nickolson style on the clerk
                          Last edited by Sundowner; 10-05-2010, 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Sundowner View Post
                            Or the Corner Quikie mart wouldn't take my Govt Issue Military ID as form of ID- I about went off Jack Nickolson style on the clerk
                            Bahaha that would be a site to see Scotty
                            Originally posted by chrisgreer23
                            Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
                            2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
                            1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
                            2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
                            1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

So the project may be canxed. I had a Kat I was looking at before I started this project which is still available. It's a Pre 600 frame with a Post 750 engine in it. The bike is ready to go, nothing needed to be done on it. All for $1500.

I'll still be making the cf farings and hopefulle eventually do the Tangerine Candy paint and other mods.

The only parts I've actually paid for it the frame. If I can get the title for the frame I could easily flip it for a tidy profit. Frame with no title - $99. Frame with title - $300-400?
                              -Unholy m-
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X