X

my long term project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my long term project

ok so i got tired of posting updates on diffrent threads so here is an official thread on my kat

this is how i got it
    headlight i didnt like
    90 katana.jpg
    90 katana streetfighter.jpg
    the bags were first to go the were fugly
    bikee.jpg
    katana.jpg

this is what i have done to it
    i changed the position of the tailight
    0504101524-00.jpg
    the new headlight i think is pretty awsome
    0504101524-03.jpg
    i changed the position of the tack still need to mount the speedo
    0504101524-04.jpg
    0504101525-02.jpg

LIST OF ITEMS NEEDED
    exhaust will be undertail: pending
    exhaust bolts:
    new headligh to cover gaugesending
    new seat upholstery:
    rear rotor:
    b12 shock(maybe) or 750: pending (zx14 shock instead)
    turn signals(front and back)
    new battery: done but will have to get another soon
    and possibly CDI box:not needed
    flasher: still needed left side lights wont work
    Last edited by 1990gsx 600; 09-19-2010, 03:10 AM.
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

good work so far

Comment

here are some more pics from the project.
      the seat desperately needs to be reupholstered
      and i would like to get a hugger for it
      0525101508-00.jpg

0525101508-01.jpg

0525101509-00.jpg

0525101507-00.jpg
      the tank is about to get bondo all over it. im gonna steal Black_Peters idea on the tank and fix a dent then to paint. post more pics as i go.
      The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

ok guys i have the tank all bondoed and it looks good for not being sanded yet. i will post pics tomorrow. th reason im not today is im tired i was working on the tank for 5 hours today. got the dents all cleaned up now im waiting for the bondo to dry on the sides

Comment

CIMG0405.jpg

CIMG0406.jpg

CIMG0407.jpg

CIMG0408.jpg
          here are the pics of te tank as promised
          still have to add some bondo and sand then im on to the primer

Comment

nice work dude that looks like mines before i painted it. its like 50% bondo now jk. It was pretty ding'd up though.

Originally posted by 1990gsx 600 View Post
            here are some more pics from the project.
            the seat desperately needs to be reupholstered
            and i would like to get a hugger for it
            [ATTACH]17123[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17124[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17125[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17126[/ATTACH]
            the tank is about to get bondo all over it. im gonna steal Black_Peters idea on the tank and fix a dent then to paint. post more pics as i go.
            you can always go with a seat off ebay. i got mines for 30. good condition as well
            Last edited by rideforfunsies; 05-29-2010, 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

for insistance!
              I would like to see something done with the frame? Just a thought!
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

ill have to get one then i didnt know that they were that cheap. so ill get both of the seats. and probably a new grab bar. mine is all scratched up and i would like a polished aluminum one.
                Last edited by 1990gsx 600; 05-31-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

ok so the pics that i just took are too big to upload so here is the website with all of the pics on it the ones your looking for are at the top two rowshttp://s809.http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/jasonhoogie/

Comment

always like to see a raising of the dead! keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-Su...item3a5b498d1e
                      for insistance!
                      I would like to see something done with the frame? Just a thought!
                      such as what? im up for ideas. i plan on doing a repaint next winter on it but thats all i planed but why not mod it while i can so open to suggestions.
                      i was thinking of doing my own fairing for the back taking the rear seat off. and sooner or later putting a 1100 in it. i would also like to put a busa front end on it and possibly if i dont do the custom rear then a gsxr tail
                      Last edited by 1990gsx 600; 05-31-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

ok so i might have to get a new CDI unit the left signals on the bike dont work and the i will probably have to get new coils because cylinder 2-3 are fouled but not the others so im hopeint that i dont but who knows. maybe this bike wont be running by summer=( i am on a very tight budget so idont know if ill be able to get the parts for it that i need. but ill keep the updates as the paint comes along

Comment

ok guys well learned that i may have a yosh racing engine
                          and an update i pulled the bar to the rear brake and painted it as well as the stator cover and om gonna pull the left cover and paint it as well

Comment

hey what did u do with the bags and mounts i need something to carry gear dont realy care how they look

Comment

well they mount weird but if you want them than you can have them idk were you live but there a little big to ship so pick up is really teh only way to get them plus im broke anyway so i couldnt ship them. but if you want them come and get them free of charge

Comment

Working...
                              X