X

can you make a katana be more powerful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you make a katana be more powerful

can someone tell me what i could do to make my 06 katana 600 go faster and be more po

Step 1. Remove engine.

Step 2. Insert new oil cooled Bandit 1200 Engine.

Step 3. Go faster.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ya, do what krey said! LOL
      Oh, and welcom to KR!

Comment

Oh, if your looking for must a minor upgrade... (cheaper too probably... ) then....

Grind out the exahust header welds
        Stage 1 Factory Pro jetkit instaled, with Factory Pro shift kit, and Advancer.
        OEM Air filter and air box (runs better this way).

And then, if your focus is more low end grunt... add a few teeth to the rear sprocket. If you want more high end speed, less low end grunt... remove a few teeth from the rear sprocket.

BTW... removing/adding teeth = purchase new sprocket of the appropriate tooth count.

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

1.welcome to KR!
          2.Yes...I can make a katana be more powerful...spent the whole weekend workin my arse off doing exactly that.
          3.you NEED to let folks know what stuff/mods are on your bike...ex: exhaust,jet kit, air filter, sprocket counts.

Easy ways: buy exhaust and a jet kit designed to work with it and install ex, and jet the bike properly. Get a $50 ignition advancer. Sprocket count changes are the cheapest and easiest, but you will never get more power AND top speed, only one or the other
          and there's always nitrous........
          Moderate: cam swap time: get 89gsxr750 cams and drop em in, rejet, and enjoy. The heads from 89gsxr750's will also bolt on and add hp. often referred to as a "dot" head
          Expert: do a bandit 1200 swap with an 89 gsxr 750 head and cams, pods, and aftermarket exhaust like I'm doing. That swap there will just about DOUBLE the hp and torque you have now.
          Last edited by JHONNY_ICE_420; 03-22-2010, 12:07 PM.
          89 kat 750 turned kat 1157
          soon to be 89 GSX1157R
          01 bandit 1200 motor
          36mm cv carbs
          89 gsxr750 "dot" head (coming soom)...**** ebay
          89 gsxr750 cams (coming soon)...**** ebay
          modded yosh exhaust
          PPG Viper GTS blue
          EBC HH pads F&R
          Pirelli Diablo strada tires
          shovel chopped (I didn't do it, but I gotta fix it)
          ...and pods

Comment

take foot off brake, twist throttle :
            Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=106351

Comment

buy another bike

Comment

Originally posted by cybrnathan View Post
                  take foot off brake, twist throttle :

good one. guess I just shoulda said yes
                  89 kat 750 turned kat 1157
                  soon to be 89 GSX1157R
                  01 bandit 1200 motor
                  36mm cv carbs
                  89 gsxr750 "dot" head (coming soom)...**** ebay
                  89 gsxr750 cams (coming soon)...**** ebay
                  modded yosh exhaust
                  PPG Viper GTS blue
                  EBC HH pads F&R
                  Pirelli Diablo strada tires
                  shovel chopped (I didn't do it, but I gotta fix it)
                  ...and pods

Comment

How I made my 05 Kat 750 go fast ..... went to dealership ... bought 06 Gix 1K
                    Guylaine
                    Try and keep up now

Comment

Get an 1100 and just quit screwing around with the little ones
                      Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

I went the B1200 route, but instead of just the engine, I bought the whole bike.
                        1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
                        1993 Suzuki Katana 600 [Sold]
                        1982 Yamaha Maxim 400 [Sold]

Comment

Hey....aren't you guys supposed to be helpful and insightful with tips and techniques to help KAT owners betters enjoy their rides????

I thought this forum was called KatRiders....NOT KatHaterz!

Comment

Originally posted by Dallmyt1 View Post
                            Hey....aren't you guys supposed to be helpful and insightful with tips and techniques to help KAT owners betters enjoy their rides????

Reality check. Kats are heavy underpowered bikes to start with. There's not a lot to be done to make them faster besides buying a SS bike or swapping in a B12 engine. Plus nobody ever got hurt with a little ribbing from fellow riders.
                            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallmyt1 View Post

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                              Reality check. Kats are heavy underpowered bikes to start with. There's not a lot to be done to make them faster besides buying a SS bike or swapping in a B12 engine. Plus nobody ever got hurt with a little ribbing from fellow riders.
                              Trackerrr is correct here, and couple that the machine is no longer made, it is probably cheaper in the long run to buy a different bike entirely

Comment

Working...
                              X