No announcement yet.
X

Progress so far... almost done!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The blue tint on the signals would get a person in trouble if they light up blue in most states. Looks great though.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

I think Scout has candy paint on his- they're very green but light up clear amber. I gotta think any painter worth their salt would know to use the same.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
        The blue tint on the signals would get a person in trouble if they light up blue in most states. Looks great though.
        they dont light up blue... the tint is really transparent, so its pretty much amber with maybe a lil touch on the green side (from the yellow and blue mixing)

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
        "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

and finally... the man and the machine

"for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads

Comment

The only thing that is throwing me off is the different color mesh otherwise I love the bike

Comment

VERY NICE BRO!!!! never was a fan of white but it turned out great!
              sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
              www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Very nice the white looks great.
                96 Suzuki GSX750F
                89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                05 Yamaha WR450F
                05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Yup, prettyyyy clean- and def. different. Good work.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                  -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

thanks for all the compliments guys... i should be getting everything else i need for it in the next couple weeks... so stay tuned... much more to come?

my build threads

Comment

I am impressed, awesome bike!
                      In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

thanks bro...

oooo... and KOTM is coming up for nominations soon guys... wink wink... j/k, but seriously, lol
                        Last edited by airforceranger49; 02-16-2010, 01:23 AM.

my build threads

Comment

Not a fan of white, but I think you have done it justice. The only thing I do not like is the pointy screen bolts they should be almost flush dome heads. The so called air intakes are just not quite right something is missing or maybe its the black mesh that is out of place.

All in all it is a fantastic job well done.

Tok

Comment

You should have held out for BOTM and we could have had a white bike showdown.....though I woudl have had to have Lauri put it in since I won with the Kat already....lol

I really like this bike as I am a white bike guy myself now. Few things -

that i love:

Your attention to detail especially in the rims and wheel components. Top notch in cleaning them and painting them up.
                            Your color choices play off one another very well. It is just enough contrast to draw attention but not enough to be gawdy. Good job.
                            Your skills in doing this project. (Wanna come clean up the 156 LEDs I have on the Kat???? lol)
                            Your custom halo setup. I woudl like to see a white up on that aspect please.

Things I dont like.

To nitpic I do not like the black mesh on the turnsignals since your other mesh is silver. Why not paint them the matching blue you have on your other components to make them pop off from the white during the day. The blue led lighting will work at night to offer the same contrast.

The front fork. Yes I know you were going for an SS look but a lot of us change that the second we start to work on our bikes. I will be changing mine to a blue sooner or later to match my subframe. To me, at least, when you go to the extent of matching bolts, and painting just about everything it does not do the bike justice to have gold forks. They offer neither the correct contrast to your color scheme nor fit in in general. True it might be better once you do the busa front end but you could always repaint them then.

Overall top notch work. I am impressed. Now give me a write up on the halo you put together. Get your butt up to PA to rewire my kat's LEDs as I am onto my Triumph now and dont wanna work on the Kat anymore......lol
                            I am a Penn State fanatic.
                            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

That is SWEEEEEETTT!!!! I've been thinking about painting my 750 white/pearl, now I know I want to for sure
                              Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

thanks guys... i appreciate all the compliments... as anyone who has built a bike before knows, it's a labor of love... so its nice to here compliments on it

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post

I really like this bike as I am a white bike guy myself now. Few things -

that i love:

Your attention to detail especially in the rims and wheel components. Top notch in cleaning them and painting them up.
                                Your color choices play off one another very well. It is just enough contrast to draw attention but not enough to be gawdy. Good job.
                                Your skills in doing this project. (Wanna come clean up the 156 LEDs I have on the Kat???? lol)
                                Your custom halo setup. I woudl like to see a white up on that aspect please.
                                thanks for the compliments bro... only certain people notice the attention to detail in a build.. and that's one of the biggest things i notice when i first look at a build. it takes FOREVER tho... i could have had this project done prolly 3 or 4 months earlier, if i hadnt been such a perfectionist... but then, i would have never been happy.

the wiring was a PITA! but it was something that definately needed done (and the wiring in the pics wasnt even 10% of the wiring i ended up doing)...

the halo setup is actually really easy and cheap to do, just more time and energey then anything...

all i did was went to auto zone and picked up loose led's...

you can find them really cheap (like 4 or 5 bucks for 6 of them)

then you just tear down the front, so that the light housing is exposed...

now, i used 3 led's on each side, and it works perfect...

just drill one hole on each side of the housing (top, side, bottom) a lil bit bigger then the led, all the way through the reflective housing on the inside... then slide one led through each hole...

now this is the "time consuming" part... to keep them secure, and keep water from getting into the housing, i used rtv (silicone)on the hole... you have to hold the wires in place while it dries... then just wire them up, and you golden

Things I dont like.

To nitpic I do not like the black mesh on the turnsignals since your other mesh is silver. Why not paint them the matching blue you have on your other components to make them pop off from the white during the day. The blue led lighting will work at night to offer the same contrast.

The front fork. Yes I know you were going for an SS look but a lot of us change that the second we start to work on our bikes. I will be changing mine to a blue sooner or later to match my subframe. To me, at least, when you go to the extent of matching bolts, and painting just about everything it does not do the bike justice to have gold forks. They offer neither the correct contrast to your color scheme nor fit in in general. True it might be better once you do the busa front end but you could always repaint them then.
                                i appreciate the constructive criticism..

the black mesh... it's hard to tell from the pics... but it looks right in person... i didnt want it to "pop"... i never liked how far the signals buldged out on the kat... so i wanted to get rid of them, without having a gaping hole, or filling the hole... and i just wanted it to kinda blend into the bike... not be too loud... i know they look loud in the pics.. but in person, the black makes them blend into the bike correctly, and look almost as though it came that way from the factory

the forks... i was going to color match them... but after playing around with some paint, seeing how it contrasted against the rest, it was just too much... i tried both white and blue, but both were just too much... made the bike look like some 16 yr old kids car with an APC sticker in the windsheild (if you know what i'm sayin)... just kinda looked trashy... so then i thought, y not try gold like ss forks, and it really was the best fit for the bike... to me it adds just enough contrast, without being too loud... but like i said bro, i appreciate you opinion and criticism

Overall top notch work. I am impressed. Now give me a write up on the halo you put together. Get your butt up to PA to rewire my kat's LEDs as I am onto my Triumph now and dont wanna work on the Kat anymore......lol
                                screw that bro.... it's COLD in PA.... come to miami!!! its riding season all year long, lol... trust me bro... i just moved down here from jersey.... WAY too cold

You should have held out for BOTM and we could have had a white bike showdown.....though I woudl have had to have Lauri put it in since I won with the Kat already....lol
                                Throw the triumph in there!!! actually, screw that!!! i want to win.... and the tripple might just be a lil too nice
                                Last edited by airforceranger49; 02-18-2010, 12:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

my build threads

Comment

Working...
                                X