Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 GSXR 750 cylinder block on an 88-97 600 crankcase

I'm up this late for two reasons;
    1) I'm always up this late
    2) I just finished a step in the 600/793 engine.

I got the GSXR 750 cylinder block on the pre 600 crankcases.
    Next time you hear a 600 is just a sleeved down 750, I recommend you punch said 2lbox in the throat. There are 3 blocks pictured here. A pre 600, a post 600, and the 91 GSXR 750. You tell me which is which.

I had too grind away the material on the crank case that was hitting the cylinder bore, not allowing it to sit flush. You try and bore a crank case with a rotatory tool and sanding drums and see how long it take. You better have A LOT of sanding drums. Fortunately, I happen to have a thousand, literally.

so there you go, one step closer. that was fun, not really, but whatever it's done.

Is there going to be any interference problems further down in the block with the piston skirts dipping below the bottom of the cylinders at the bottom of the stroke?
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      There are 3 blocks pictured here. A pre 600, a post 600, and the 91 GSXR 750. You tell me which is which.
      I would say the Pre is on the right, the Post is on the left and the GSX-R is in the middle.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
        Is there going to be any interference problems further down in the block with the piston skirts dipping below the bottom of the cylinders at the bottom of the stroke?
        I doubt it. just the very outer section of the cylinder bore was hitting the case. I'll certainly check though.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X