• Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice but dont know if i would ride it!!
    pveity = 100%

Comment

wow really nice bike

Comment

Whoa dude. Don't pick on us. I like what you are doing but the guy you are talkin' smack with doesn't live in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
          Whoa dude. Don't pick on us. I like what you are doing but the guy you are talkin' smack with doesn't live in the USA.
          BAHAHAHA
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I'm still curious what the issues are supposed to be that makes anything shown so "unsafe"...

Seriously.... I don't know.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Interesting bike.

But yeah, Tone is in the UK...not the US.
              2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
              BMC Notorious 918 HT
              2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by chemomche View Post
                Do you mremember the fat A$$ chopper with the 300 rear tire
                Only for Kats made PRIOR to 1988. Pics, Sightings, General Information, Questions;
                if it has to do with vintage katana's you'll find it here.

now my friend is buildinh another for his brother
                240/R16 rear wheel with rear disk put inside the wheel on the side of the drive chain
                all started from this GS750 1979

and them the build began

Anyway, the safety issue is the rear of the bike where you have the shocks mounted. The frame may fold like a laptop unless you brace it. you probably already know this. Besides, I applauded you the last time when some other people criticized you on your last project. Keep up the good work and brush off the criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
                  Anyway, the safety issue is the rear of the bike where you have the shocks mounted. The frame may fold like a laptop unless you brace it. you probably already know this. Besides, I applauded you the last time when some other people criticized you on your last project. Keep up the good work and brush off the criticism.
                  Yeah, I can see there should be some bracing at that point, but then... is the last pic of the finished bike?... Looks like still more to do.

Still trying to figure out the wheel issue..

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

There is a long tread on using car rear tires on another forum I am a member of, That and excessively wide rear tires. I personally care for choppers I like to turn more than a choppper will allow. I applaude your fabrication skills, But I dont think I would ever build an inline 4 cylinder chopper myself.
                    Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

The more I look at it, the more I think I want one...

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        The more I look at it, the more I think I want one...

Krey

I can get my hands on a 72 Honda 750 four. It's all original and complete.

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        Yeah, I can see there should be some bracing at that point, but then... is the last pic of the finished bike?... Looks like still more to do.

Still trying to figure out the wheel issue..

Krey

I think he is still in the mock up stage. Now if he goes with a mono shock mounted from the swing arm to the main frame tube motocross style, that would work. My YZ 250 rode nice and smooth for the pounding I gave it. Cut off the bars hanging over the rear wheel and weld them from the main tube to the rear supports that angle back, that could be the seat bracket.
                        Last edited by Kfreak; 05-25-2009, 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i think the tire issue is the strength of the rim in a turn as car rims don't support the car on its edges

aether way i just got a 78 gs750 and plan on loving it to death
                          voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
                          82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
                          83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

looks like you are well on your way props for being original. and all of you giving him grief shouldn't as you'll prolly never be on the same road as it anyway
                            89 gs500e, k&n air filter, sv650 rear wheel swap, gsxr rear shock, 06 tank and bodywork, sv650 tail swap,

93 kat 750 v&h ssr2 full exhaust, 99 katana front wheel, a 180/55 on stock rim, post controls, heated grips

Comment

By the way, how are you supporting the caliper in the rear wheel? The arm you stick in there is going to take alot of force.

Comment

Originally posted by dragoncutlery View Post
                                i think the tire issue is the strength of the rim in a turn as car rims don't support the car on its edges
                                wrong the car rim edges are even stronger and bigger than bike ones
                                so bigger that sometimes you must cut them a little to fit the tire
                                Live to ride,
                                Ride KATANA!

Comment

Working...
                                X