X

Starting a build up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a build up

Hey guys. I bought a 600 from a buddy of mine about 3 years ago. He bought it from a dealership 2nd hand. I gave it to my brother last year for Christmas. He pretty much let it sit all year, and the crabs are trashed and needs some work. I went pick it up from him and I am going to rebuild it for his graduation present. I ordered some new carbs, and I think I am going to mold a GSXR headlight on it. He wants me to paint it all white, so I am going to try the rattlecan method. How does the rattlecan clear coat hold up? Should I just paint it color sand it, and bring it to a body shop to get the clear? I am tearing it down to the frame and rebuilding. Here are some pics with the fairings on, and how I left it today.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

bike.jpg

bike n stuff 025.jpg

bike n stuff 026.jpg

bike n stuff 027.jpg
    Last edited by syaps; 05-17-2009, 04:21 PM.

So you gave it to your brother, he let it sit for a year, and now you're gonna build it up for him again? Wow, wish I had a brother like you. If I got my sister a bike and it sat, I'd fix it up and keep it myself
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah, he wasn't 18 and our father wouldn't let him ride it. He graduated yesterday and wants to drive it to college instead of his truck. What the hell, that's what big bros are for

Comment

Wow. You are a nice big bro. I don't know about the paint quesitons, but putting a GSXR headlight on might be a bit of a challenge. I am interested to see how it all turns out. Keep us posted with the pics!

Cheers,
        -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
        -My wife

Comment

thats pretty nice of you.. good luck!!
          sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
          k9 GSX-R 600
          GO VOLS!

Comment

Thanks, I'll get started as soon as the headlights come in and keep you guys updated with pics of the process

Comment

good luck man im about finished mine im putting a 04 05 gsxr headlight on mine all i have left is my gauges an refabing my fairing so it has a clean look
              sorry for the missed spell words

Comment

Working...
              X